Dangbo is a town in the southeastern region of Benin. It is a neighbouring city of Porto-Novo, the capital of Benin.
The people of Dangbo speak Wemegbe and Gungbe. They are kind and open to strangers.
Dangbo is just some few miles away from Porto-Novo. People take bikes commonly called Zemidjan to Dangbo. You pay only 400-800 fcfa.
Zemidjan is the often used means of transport for going round. The majority of the roads in Dangbo are of bare red soil. It's therefore not advised to wear white clothes.
- Heviosso honto, Djigbe, Hozin. The Vodoun Heviosso (thunder) is believed to be the God of justice and protection. It strikes the evil doers. You can see the statue with an axe in his hand.
- Sacred forests. There are many sacred forests to visit in Dangbo. But you are refused entrance.
- Monkey with red belly. The monkey with a red belly is a unique monkey found in Dangbo.
- Hozin tokpa. Hozin Tokpa is a market on a lake side. You can get a variety of products there, especially for local cuisine
- local alcoholic drink (Atan). Atan is a local alcoholic drink, an extract from palm tree. Its aroma and savour are irresistible.