Ukrainians constitute the largest ethnic group in the City of Dauphin, with 41% of the population (1996). Almost 26% of the population can speak Ukrainian.
Dauphin has a humid continental climate with cold winters and warm summers.
From Winnipeg, it is 325 km, or about 4 hr 40 min by car west on the Trans-Canada Highway to Neepawa, north and west on Provincial Highway 5, then north and west on Provincial Highway 20.
- Mahikan Bus Lines, ☏ . Operates bus routes in Manitoba. Operates a route three days per week between Winnipeg and Flin Flon including stops in Portage la Prairie, Neepawa, Ste. Rose du Lac, Dauphin, Swan River, and The Pas. Travel time to Dauphin from Winnipeg is 4 hours, from Portage la Prairie is 2.75 hours, from Neepawa is 1.5 hours, from Swan River is 1.5 hours, from The Pas is 4.25 hours, and from Floin Flon is 6.25 hours.
- 1 VIA Rail Canada, 101 First Ave. NW, ☏ . Operates a route two days per week between Winnipeg and Churchill with stops in Portage la Prairie, Dauphin, Roblin, Kamsack, Canora, Hudson Bay, The Pas, and Thompson. Travel time to Dauphin from Winnipeg is 4.75 hours, Portage la Prairie is 3.75 hours, from Canora is 3.5 hours, from The Pas is 8.75 hours, from Thompson is 22 hours, and from Churchill is 1 day 7.5 hours. $45-150.
- 2 Lt. Col W.G. (Billy) Barker, VC Airport (YDN IATA) (3 nautical miles (5.5 km) from Dauphin). It has no scheduled passenger flights.
- Dauphin Taxi ☏
- Dauphin Handi Van ☏
- 1 Fort Dauphin Museum, 140 Jackson St, ☏ . Summer only M-F 10AM-4PM. A heritage village with a church, school, trading post store, blacksmith shop, house and outdoor display of machinery.
- 2 Historic Dauphin Canadian Northern Railway Station, 103 1st Avenue NW, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Sa 9AM-noon. Built in 1912, it is a Manitoba Provincial Heritage Site. The station is home to the Dauphin Railway Museum, which features railway artifacts and displays about rail service in the region, the Canadian Northern Railway and later Canadian National Railway. Exhibits include a caboose, roundhouse and turntable, lamps, tools, photos, a motor car (jigger), an HO model rail, and a geographic display of steam/diesel era (1954–1965).
- 3 Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Resurrection, 1106-1st Street SW, ☏ . Completed in 1939. Call to book an appointment.
- Canada's National Ukrainian Festival (14 km south on Highways 5 and 10), ☏ , toll-free: . First weekend in August. A three-day event held annually since 1965 to showcase of Ukrainian culture: food, dance, music, ceremonies, arts, and crafts. The Selo Ukraina site, home to the festival, takes place in a natural amphitheatre set into the side of Riding Mountain National Park. The site also has examples of early Ukrainian settler architecture: settler's home, the first church. etc. Day pass $40-60, children 12 and under free.
- Dauphin's Countryfest, The Selo Ukraina site, ☏ , toll-free: . The largest outdoor country music festival in Manitoba, and Canada's longest-running country music festival. End of June, beginning of July. One day $99, 3 days $249.
- 1 Dauphin Marketplace Mall, 1450 Main St S, ☏ . M-F 9AM-9PM, Sa Su 10AM-6PM. Walmart, Safeway.
- 1 Adelina's Pizzeria, 11 2nd Ave NE, ☏ . Tu-F 10AM-8PM, Sa noon-8PM.
- 2 Corrina's on Main, 28 Memorial Boulevard, ☏ . M-F 8AM-8PM, Sa 8AM-7PM, Su 8AM-2PM. Breakfast $7-12.50, sandwiches $5-13, burgers $8-12, pasta $13-16, steaks $15-23.
- 3 Hong Kong Cafe, 123 Main St S, ☏ . Sa Su 11AM-9PM, Tu-F 9:30AM-9PM. Also serving sandwiches, burgers, Canadian dishes. Chinese dishes $8-12.
- 1 Canway Inn & Suites, 1601 Main St S, ☏ . 66 rooms. 27" TVs with cable, coffee maker, electronic in-room safe, climate control (heat & air conditioning), and bathroom amenities. Internet connections are available in all rooms. Smoking and non-smoking rooms are available. From $90.
- 2 Prairie Mountain Inn, 1501 Main St S, ☏ . A ground level facility with outside entries, all non smoking and pet-free. BBQs, guest laundry and ice machine available. All rooms are equipped with fridge, microwave, in room Keurig coffee maker, free wi-fi and hi-speed internet and cable TV. For hunters and fishermen, running hot & cold water, freezer, and cleaning tables are available. From $91.
- 3 Dauphin Inn Express, 35 Memorial Blvd, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 4 Sir Edgar House Bed and Breakfast, 703 Main Street N, ☏ .
- 1 Dauphin Regional Health Centre, 625 3 St SW, ☏ . General hospital
Located 15 minutes east of Dauphin on PR 20, on the shores of Lake Dauphin.
- Dauphin Lake Golf Club, 258 Lake Drive West, Dauphin Beach, ☏ , Pro-Shop@golfdauphinlake.ca. A 18-hole, 6,110-yard, par 70 course with a rating of 69.8 on the shore of Lake Dauphin.
- 1 Rainbow Beach Provincial Park. Offers campground, beach, and boat launch.
|Routes through Dauphin|
|Churchill ← Roblin ←||N S||→ Portage la Prairie → Winnipeg|
|Yorkton ← Roblin ←||W E||→ Ste. Rose du Lac → Neepawa|
|Flin Flon ← Swan River ←||N S||→ Riding Mountain N.P. → Brandon|