Ukrainians constitute the largest ethnic group in the City of Dauphin, with 41% of the population (1996). Almost 26% of the population can speak Ukrainian.
Dauphin has a humid continental climate with cold winters and warm summers.
From Winnipeg, it is 325 km, or about 4 hr 40 min by car west on the Trans-Canada Highway to Neepawa, north and west on Provincial Highway 5, then north and west on Provincial Highway 20.
- Greyhound Canada, ☎ . Buses from Winnipeg 6 times a week, 5 hr 7 min. $30-75.
- Via Rail, ☎ . Departing daily at 12:05PM, a driving at 4:56PM (4 hr 51 min). $45-150.
Lt. Col W.G. (Billy) Barker, VC Airport (YDN IATA) is 3 nautical miles (5.5 km) from Dauphin. It no longer has any scheduled passenger flights.
- Dauphin Taxi +1 204-638-3315
- Dauphin Handi Van +1 204-638-8884
- Historic Dauphin Canadian Northern Railway Station. Built in 1912, it is a Manitoba Provincial Heritage Site.
- Canada's National Ukrainian Festival (14 km south on Highways 5 and 10), ☎ , toll-free: . First weekend in August. A three-day event held annually since 1965 to showcase of Ukrainian culture: food, dance, music, ceremonies, arts, and crafts. The Selo Ukraina site, home to the festival, takes place in a natural amphitheatre set into the side of Riding Mountain National Park. The site also has examples of early Ukrainian settler architecture: settler's home, the first church. etc. Day pass $40-60, children 12 and under free.
- Dauphin's Countryfest, The Selo Ukraina site, ☎ , toll-free: . The largest outdoor country music festival in Manitoba, and Canada's longest-running country music festival. End of HJune, beginning of July. One day $99, 3 days $249.
- Duck Mountain Provincial Park (120 km west and north from Dauphin).
- Dauphin Marketplace Mall, 1450 Main St S. M-F 9AM-9PM, Sa Su 10AM-6PM. Walmart, Safeway.
- Adelina's Pizzeria, 11 2nd Ave NE, ☎ . Tu-F 10AM-8PM, Sa noon-8PM.
- Corrina's on Main, 28 Memorial Boulevard, ☎ . M-F 8AM-8PM, Sa 8AM-7PM, Su 8AM-2PM. Breakfast $7-12.50, sandwiches $5-13, burgers $8-12, pasta $13-16, steaks $15-23.
- Hong Kong Cafe, 123 Main St S, ☎ . Sa Su 11AM-9PM, Tu-F 9:30AM-9PM. Also serving sandwiches, burgers, Canadian dishes. Chinese dishes $8-12.
- Canway Inn & Suites, 1601 Main St S, ☎ . 66 rooms. 27" TVs with cable, coffee maker, electronic in-room safe, climate control (heat & air conditioning), and bathroom amenities. Internet connections are available in all rooms. Smoking and non-smoking rooms are available. From $112.
- Prairie Mountain Inn, 1501 Main St S, ☎ . A ground level facility with outside entries, all non smoking and pet-free. BBQs, guest laundry and ice machine available. All rooms are equipped with fridge, microwave, in room Keurig coffee maker, free wi-fi and hi-speed internet and cable TV. For hunters and fishermen, running hot & cold water, freezer, and cleaning tables are available. From $88.
|Routes through Dauphin|
|The Pas ← Swan River ←||N S||→ Riding Mountain N.P. → Brandon|