Ukrainians constitute the largest ethnic group in the City of Dauphin, with 41% of the population (1996). Almost 26% of the population can speak Ukrainian.
Dauphin has a humid continental climate with cold winters and warm summers.
From Winnipeg, it is 325 km, or about 4 hr 40 min by car west on the Trans-Canada Highway to Neepawa, north and west on Provincial Highway 5, then north and west on Provincial Highway 20.
Greyhound Canada terminated all services in Western Canada and Northern Ontario effective October 31, 2018.
- Via Rail, ☏ . Departing daily at 12:05PM, a driving at 4:56PM (4 hr 51 min). $45-150.
- 1 Lt. Col W.G. (Billy) Barker, VC Airport (YDN IATA) (is 3 nautical miles (5.5 km) from Dauphin). It no longer has any scheduled passenger flights.
- Dauphin Taxi +1 204-638-3315
- Dauphin Handi Van +1 204-638-8884
- Historic Dauphin Canadian Northern Railway Station. Built in 1912, it is a Manitoba Provincial Heritage Site.
- Canada's National Ukrainian Festival (14 km south on Highways 5 and 10), ☏ , toll-free: . First weekend in August. A three-day event held annually since 1965 to showcase of Ukrainian culture: food, dance, music, ceremonies, arts, and crafts. The Selo Ukraina site, home to the festival, takes place in a natural amphitheatre set into the side of Riding Mountain National Park. The site also has examples of early Ukrainian settler architecture: settler's home, the first church. etc. Day pass $40-60, children 12 and under free.
- Dauphin's Countryfest, The Selo Ukraina site, ☏ , toll-free: . The largest outdoor country music festival in Manitoba, and Canada's longest-running country music festival. End of HJune, beginning of July. One day $99, 3 days $249.
- 1 Duck Mountain Provincial Park (120 km west and north from Dauphin).
- Dauphin Marketplace Mall, 1450 Main St S. M-F 9AM-9PM, Sa Su 10AM-6PM. Walmart, Safeway.
- Adelina's Pizzeria, 11 2nd Ave NE, ☏ . Tu-F 10AM-8PM, Sa noon-8PM.
- Corrina's on Main, 28 Memorial Boulevard, ☏ . M-F 8AM-8PM, Sa 8AM-7PM, Su 8AM-2PM. Breakfast $7-12.50, sandwiches $5-13, burgers $8-12, pasta $13-16, steaks $15-23.
- Hong Kong Cafe, 123 Main St S, ☏ . Sa Su 11AM-9PM, Tu-F 9:30AM-9PM. Also serving sandwiches, burgers, Canadian dishes. Chinese dishes $8-12.
- Canway Inn & Suites, 1601 Main St S, ☏ . 66 rooms. 27" TVs with cable, coffee maker, electronic in-room safe, climate control (heat & air conditioning), and bathroom amenities. Internet connections are available in all rooms. Smoking and non-smoking rooms are available. From $112.
- Prairie Mountain Inn, 1501 Main St S, ☏ . A ground level facility with outside entries, all non smoking and pet-free. BBQs, guest laundry and ice machine available. All rooms are equipped with fridge, microwave, in room Keurig coffee maker, free wi-fi and hi-speed internet and cable TV. For hunters and fishermen, running hot & cold water, freezer, and cleaning tables are available. From $88.
|Routes through Dauphin|
|Yorkton ← becomes ← Roblin ←||W S||→ Neepawa → → becomes → ENDS at N S|
|Flin Flon ← The Pas ←||N S||→ Riding Mountain N.P. → Brandon|