Dawei (Tavoy) is the capital of Tanintharyi Division, in Southeastern Myanmar.
- Shin Motehti Pagoda, a few kilometres south of town.
- Shin Datweh Pagoda, in the north.
- Shin Maw Pagoda, on the Dawei promontory.
- Lawka Tharaphu Pagoda. Houses a 75 m long reclining Buddha image.
- Maungmagan Beach is a popular beach in Myanmar. It served as a beach retreat for the British during colonial days. The beach hosts a long line of palm huts housing family seafood restaurants.
- San Maria Bay and Myawyik Pagoda 14 km south of Maungmagan lies a small causeway to a beautiful small island crowned by a pagoda.
- There are also a number of hot water springs on the outskirts of Dawei, about one to a few hours drive. There is one quite close to Maungmagan (on the way to Maungmagan from Dawei).
- Longyi (a sarong) is a famous local product.
- Cashew nuts and betel nuts are grown for export as well as a variety of tropical fruits including durian ("the King of Fruits").
- Zin thi (in local language) a fruit found only in Dawei and surrounding areas. It is sweet and slightly sour.