Deauville is 200 km (120 mi) west of Paris.
From Paris, take the A14 (toll: around €8) from Porte Maillot or take the A13 (free) from Porte d'Auteuil. Those two highways merge a few kilometres later into the A13 (toll: around €15) then the D677. On arrival in the town, Deauville is to the left, with the town of Trouville, on the other side of the Touques, over the bridge to the right. To reach the beach, follow the road around left side of the harbour. There are several car parks by the beach.
Frequent trains to Deauville leave Paris Saint Lazare station. Fare is €32/€64 (single/return). You don't need to book in advance.
- 1 Deauville – Normandie Airport (DOL IATA previously known as Deauville – Saint-Gatien Airport). Seasonal flights from Birmingham
Bus companies Flixbus and Ouibus allow to join Deauville from different French cities.
- Deauville Tourist Office (Deauville Tourisme), Quai de l'impératrice Eugénie, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 09:30-19:00, Su 10:00-18:00. Helpful staff and free town plan with suggestions for self-guided walking tour.
- Horse Racing. The town has two racecourses and is famous as a centre for horse breeding and racing.
- Beach. A wide sandy beach with beach huts (named after movie stars), a boardwalk promenade, cafes and toilets.
- Casino. Deauville's casino is the most famous French casino and, though rather upmarket, entrance is free and you can dress casual (but minimum stakes are rather high). Minimum bet is €20 at Blackjack tables and €5 at Roulette tables. If you want to play poker you need to cash in a minimum of €250. Cheaper tables can be found at the Trouville Casino, located in the adjacent city of Trouville.
- Film Festival. American film festival every September.
Many exclusive shops in the town centre. For cheaper shopping, try the adjacent town of Trouville or the larger stores each side of the D677 on the way in to the town.
Two famous luxury hotels are operated by Lucien Barrière (company which also hold the golf and the two casinos): "Le Normandy" and "Le Royal Barrière". Double room prices range from €300 to €900. You should find budget hotels for €50 a night and midrange hotels from €80 to €150 a night. You can also find nice B&Bs (fr: "chambres d'hôtes") for the price of a budget hotel a few kilometres from Deauville.
- Le Normandy.
- Le Royal Barrière.