Jump to navigation Jump to search
Eastern Delhi consists of three administrative districts - East, North East, and Shahdara, which are all located east of the Yamuna River.
The Metro red and blue lines go here.
- 1 Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple, off National Highway 24 (Metro Akshardham, East Delhi). Tu-Su 09:00-19:00. Completed in 2005 by the socio-spiritual organisation BAPS, no expense has been spared in decorating this large and elaborate temple carved of red sandstone. The central monument, built without any steel, houses an 11-ft golden statue of the founder of the Swaminarayan faith, Bhagwan Swaminarayan. The Premvati food court on the grounds serve up fast, cheap, huge but mediocre portions of vegetarian food, ₹ 75 for a thali. There is a strict ban on all electronic items, cameras, tobacco and pretty much everything except the clothes on your back. You can leave your belongings in the cloakroom outside. Allow at least three-four hours to explore it all. Free entry, guide booklet is ₹ 5, access to multimedia exhibitions ₹ 125.
- 1 e.o.d Adventure Park (Sanjay Lake Park), Gate no 3 Sanjay Lake,Mayur Vihar, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 10:30 - 19:30. A newly built adventure park comprising a range of outdoor activities, from water sports and treetop courses to archery and beach volleyball. The adventure park also has an artificial lake which attracts migratory birds and is surrounded by indigenous trees.
- 2 Yamuna Sports Complex, Master Somnath Marg, Surajmal Vijar, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. One of India's best maintained sport complexes. Play over 20 sports and activities including archery, squash, table tennis, aerobics, fencing, yoga, chess and snooker.
- 1 Amchur, 1/6966, Babarpur Main Rd, Shivaji Park, Shahdara, ☏ . Multi-cuisine budget restaurant and sweets. While the food is tasty and cheap, the restaurant is small and is often crammed with people.
- 1 Park Plaza, Plot 32, Central Business District Shahdara Extension, Vishwas Nagar, Shahdara, ☏ . The rooms have a nice interior though lack windows.