Detailed information about public transport is available from the town website.
- The Trans-Wiltshire Express (no.49) from Swindon via Avebury to Trowbridge
- From Bath via Melksham on the X272
- From Pewsey using the Connect 2 Wiltshire Service
Leave the M4 at Junction 15; take the A346 to Marlborough, then the A4 and the A361 to Devizes.
From Bristol via the M4
Leave the M4 at Junction 16 and take the A3102 and then A342 to Devizes via Calne.
From the South-East
Follow the M3 to Junction 8 and take the A303 and A342 via Ludgershall.
From the South
Follow the A350 to Semington and then the A361 to Devizes.
- 1 Wiltshire Museum, 41 Long Street (South of the Market Place), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Mon-Sat: 10-5, Sun & Bank Holidays: 12-4. Britain's best Bronze Age Archaeology collection displayed in new award-winning galleries. Includes finds from the Stonehenge and Avebury World Heritage Site. £5, £4 concessions, children under 16 free.
- 2 Kennet and Avon Canal. The canal runs through the town, with the spectacular flight of 26 locks at Caen Hill. At the Wharf in Devizes is the Canal Museum, with cafe and canal boat trips.
- 3 [dead link] Wadworth Brewery Visitor Centre, Northgate Brewery, SN10 1JW, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa: 9AM-5PM, Su: Closed. Visit the brewery to find out how the famous 6X beer is brewed, see the sign-painting workshop and meet the Shire Horses that deliver beer to pubs in the town every morning.
- 4 Caen Hill Locks, Devizes. Staircase of 29 locks on the Kennet & Avon Canal, rising 237 feet over 2 miles (75 m over 3.2 km).
- 1 Travelodge, London Rd, SN10 2HL, ☏ .
- 2 The Castle Hotel, New Park St, SN10 1DS, ☏ .
- 3 The Bear Hotel, 2-3 The Market Pl, SN10 1HS, ☏ .
- Devizes Area Tourism Partnership, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. General advice about visiting Devizes and the local area. Run by a volunteer group.
- Devizes Area Accommodation Providers, ☏ . Accommodation line to find somewhere to stay.
- Visit Stonehenge and Avebury and explore the wonderful Wiltshire landscape of the Vale of Pewsey
- Visit Lacock and Bradford-on-Avon on the way to Bath
- Follow the Prehistoric Wessex Trail