Dickinson is described as the gateway to the Badlands. The town was founded in 1889.
- 1 Dickinson Theodore Roosevelt Regional Airport (DIK IATA). Nonstop service on United Express to Denver.
- Interstate 94 I-94 is a major interstate highway that runs east-west across the state, through the city of Dickinson. Use exits 59, 61 or 64.
As in most smaller towns in North Dakota, travel by car is the most preferred method of travel. Due to the small centers of population spread out over such large distances, public transportation is non-existent.
- Budget Rent A Car/Parkway Ford [formerly dead link]
- Dan Porter Motors
- Dickinson Air Service [dead link]
- Sax Motor Company
- U-Save Auto Rental
A taxicab service is available seven days a week and augmented by Eldercare, a transportation service for people with medical needs, disabilities, or other medical concerns. Dakota Cab is another taxi option.
- 1 Dickinson Museum Center, 188 Museum Dr E, ☏ .
- West River Community Center.
- [dead link] Joachim Regional Museum.
- [dead link] Pioneer Machinery Building.
- [dead link] Prairie Outpost Park.
- [formerly dead link] Ukrainian Cultural Institute.
- Cine 3 Movie Theatre.
- Classic Lanes.
- Paragon Bowl.
- Putt-n-Stuff Miniature Golf.
- Spitfire Go-Kart Fun Park.
- The Maah Daah Hey Trail.
- Prairie Hills Mall. Monday Friday from 10AM-9PM, Saturday from 10AM-6PM and on Sunday from noon-5PM.
- T-Rex Plaza.
- Bogey's Gourmet Ice Cream & Coffee Shop, 36 West Villard, ☏ .
- Bonanza Family Restaurant, 436 15th Street West, ☏ .
- Camp On The Heart, State Ave. S, ☏ . Fine dining. Open during summer season.
- Champs Sports Club, 1125 West Villard, ☏ . Open 24 hours.
- China Doll, 583 West 12th St, ☏ .
- Country Kitchen, 528 12th Street West, ☏ .
- Dakota Rose Restaurant & Lounge (I-94 & ND Hwy. 22 (Travelodge Hotel & Convention Center)), ☏ , toll-free: .
- Dairy Barn, 339 Villard St. East, ☏ .
- Donut Hole, 837 West Villard, ☏ .
- Eagles Club, 31 1st Avenue East, ☏ .
- Elks Lodge #1137, 501 Elks Dr, ☏ .
- Frankie's West Side Conoco, 1554 W. Villard, ☏ .
- German Hungarian Lodge, 20 East Broadway, ☏ .
- Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream Parlor (I-94 and Highway 22), ☏ .
- Husky House Cafe, 837 East Villard, ☏ .
- Ivy's, 215 Sims, ☏ .
- Jack's Family Restaurant, ☏ .
- K of C Club, 1531 West Villard, ☏ .
- King Buffet (T-Rex Plaza), ☏ . Take out.
- Mulligan's (Heart River Municipal Golf Course), ☏ .
- Papa Marphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza, 456 15th St. West, ☏ .
- Perkins Family Restaurant, 188 Museum Dr, ☏ .
- Pizza Patrol, 27th South Main, ☏ .
- Queen City Steakhouse, 1435 East Villard, ☏ .
- Rattlesnake Creek Brewery & Grill, 2 West Villard, ☏ .
- Sergio's, 505 15th St W, ☏ .
Hotels / Motels
- AmericInn, 229 15th Street West, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. $149.00.
- Comfort Inn, 493 Elks Dr, ☏ . $249.99.
- Days Hotel - Grand Dakota Lodge & Conference Center, 532 15th Street West, ☏ . $179.00.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 103 14th Street West, ☏ . $139.
- [dead link] Nodak Motel, 600 East Villard St, ☏ . $55.00.
- Oasis Inn & Suites.
- Quality Inn & Suites, 71 Museum Dr., ☏ .
- Queen City Motel.
- Select Inn, 642 12th Street West, ☏ . $130.00.
- Super 8 Motel, 637 12th Street West, ☏ . $122.45.
- Travel Host, 529 12th Street West, ☏ . $82.19.
Bed & Breakfast
- Double JJ Outfitters, 10370 Highway 10, ☏ .
- [dead link] Hartfiel Inn, 509 3rd Avenue West, ☏ . $99 to $139.
- Camp on the Heart. Tent, 80 RV sites
- North Park Campground.
- Patterson Lake Recreation Area.
- Buffalo Gap Campground (7 miles west of Medora, at the trailhead of Buffalo Gap Trails, which is part of the Maah Daah Hey Trail system). Open Memorial Day through September. Scenic features include a prairie dog town and paved trail to a scenic vista overlooking the Badlands. $6.00 fee for camping.
Dickinson is a safe city, with little violent crime, however, use common sense especially when it comes to personal property, just as you would anywhere else.
|Routes through Dickinson|
|Miles City ← Belfield ←||W E||→ Mandan → Bismarck|