Divriği is an ancient town, which was once a Byzantine site. By the 12th and 13th centuries, it was the capital of Turkic Emirate of Mengücek, and the remains of Great Mosque of 1229 and a citadel remain from the period.
Nearest airport is located in Sivas, about 180 km or 3 hours away by road.
- Divriği Nazar Seyahat, Esenler Otogar no:34 (main bus station of Istanbul), ☏ (Istanbul), (Ankara). Company providing direct buses to Divriği from Istanbul and Ankara.
- Divriği Özlem Tur and Divriği Birlik provide minibuses from Sivas every hour.
The Doğu Express leaves Ankara daily towards 18:00 and runs overnight via Kayseri and Sivas to Divriği, arriving towards 08:00. It continues east to Erzincan for 10:30 and Erzurum for 14:30 to reach Kars at 18:30. The eastbound train leaves Kars at 08:00, reaching Erzurum at 12:00, Erzincan at 16:00, Divriği at 18:30, Sivas at 22:00, Kayseri towards 02:00 and Ankara at 08.30. There are couchettes and a buffet.
There's also a more expensive "tourist" version of this train, running daily year-round. It makes long stops for sightseeing eastbound at İliç, Erzincan and Erzurum; the westbound train makes long stops at Divriği and Bostankaya. Total travel time Ankara-Kars is 30 hours, and you're tied to the train schedule without flexibility of stopover. The accommodation is in standard sleeping cars, which have been purloined from the conventional train, so the travel experience on that has been degraded.
- 1 Divriği railway station (500 m north of town along the main road.).
- Great Mosque (Ulu Cami) and adjoining medieval hospital (Darüşşifa) are outstanding examples of Seljuk architecture and have been in the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1985 . The Baroque style portal of this magnificent mosque is a real masterpiece of stonework. you can visit the Great Mosque only on Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 - 18:00 because of restoration works (May 2017).
- Divriği Belediyesi Oteli, ☏ . Hotel run by the town council. Clean rooms with en suite bathrooms and balcony. No breakfast served. 20 TL.
The telephone code of the town is (+90) 346.
If you are intend on a little bit of adventure, take the Taş Yol ("Stone Road"), a series of tight tunnels that took more than a century to complete high above the gorge of the Euphrates River, east to Kemaliye, locally known as Eğin, a beautiful old town on the Karasu River.