Dorking is in Surrey.
Dorking is a small market town in north-eastern Surrey surrounded by the Surrey Hills.
Dorking has three railway stations: Dorking (Main), Dorking Deepdene and Dorking West. Dorking (Main) is served by South Western Railway services to London Waterloo and Southern Railway to London Victoria. Dorking Deepdene and Dorking West are served by Great Western Railway services between Gatwick Airport and Reading, however, fewer trains serve Dorking West.
- 1 Dorking Museum & Heritage Centre, 62 West Street, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Th-Sa 10AM–4PM. Dorking Museum & Heritage Centre provides a 21st-century interactive and multi-sensory experience. There are things to touch, to listen to and smell, things to puzzle over and costumes to try on. Adult £2.00, seniors & under 18’s £1.00, under 5’s free, family ticket £4.50.
- 1 Leith Hill, near Coldharbour village, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Leith Hill is the highest point in Southeast England and is set within the Surrey Hills. Its gothic tower rises above the surrounding hills and from the top you can see views towards London in the north and the English Channel in the south. access to the countryside on the estate is free for all.
- 2 Box Hill, Tadworth, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Forming part of the North Downs, Box Hill has views across the surrounding countryside. It's home to wildlife and plants too, including the Adonis blue butterfly and bee orchid.
- 1 White Horse Hotel, High Street, ☏ .
- 2 Wotton House, Guilford Road, Dorking, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. This hotel and event venue has 111 bedrooms, 38 meeting or event suites, a leisure club and restaurant. It's a 10-minute drive from Dorking, on the road to Guildford. Originally the centre of the Wotton Estate and the seat of the Evelyn family, it was the birthplace in 1620 of diarist and landscape gardener John Evelyn, who built the first Italian Garden in England there. Its architectural features include distinctive terracotta decorations on brickwork, octagonal turrets and stacks, winged gryphons on the porch, and more. £89-139.
- 3 Beaverbrook, Reigate Rd, Leatherhead KT22 8QX, ☏ . Fabulous upscale hotel and spa, in former pile of press tycoon Lord Beaverbrook. B&B double £250.
|Routes through Dorking|
|London ← Leatherhead ←||N S||→ Horsham → Worthing|
|Guildford ←||W E||→ Redhill → Sevenoaks|