North America > United States of America > Great Plains > North Dakota > Lakes and Gardens > Douglas (North Dakota)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- By car: from Bismarck, travel north on US-83 about 70 miles. About 3 miles past Max, just as you enter Ward County, turn west on two-lane paved road to Douglas, about 9 miles.
No public transportation is available to, from or in Douglas.
- Douglas Centennial Museum, ☏ . Open by appointment. Exhibits from the towns early years, including business, church, and school artifacts.
- Hiddenwood Lake (7 miles south of Makoti). Fishing for pike, walleye, and perch.
- Makoti Lake (5 miles south of Makoti). Fishing for pike and perch.
- North Carlson Lake (8 miles east of Ryder). Fishing for pike and perch.
- South Carlson Lake (8 miles east of Ryder). Fishing for pike and perch.
- Hunting. Sharp-tailed grouse, ring-necked pheasant, hungarian partridge, sandhill crane, wild turkey, white-tailed deer, fox and coyote. Check here for seasons licenses.
There are no public accommodations in Douglas; the nearest are in Minot.