Emirates Road is an area of suburban Dubai lying inland from the coast. The E 611 road, also known as Emirates Road, runs through the area.
Taxis are relatively cheaper than hiring a car. Buses are an option as well, and you can grab a timetable from the main coach station at Al Rumoul. Public water taxies are available for crossing the creek. E 311 has been called Sheikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Road since 2013. Prior to that it was called Emirates Road, but that name is now given to E 611, which was previously Dubai Bypass Road. E 311 is a major road in the United Arab Emirates. It begins in Jebel Ali Free Zone in Dubai and extends eastward towards the Ras al-Khaimah emirate. In Dubai, Sheikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Road is a prime location for new projects as the area surrounding it can now be accessed easily. Many projects have been proposed or are in various stages of development along the road, including International City, Arabian Ranches, Dubailand, Dubai Silicon Oasis, Global Village, Sports City.
- 1 Historical Town of Hatta. Hatta is a sheikhdom in the Hajjar mountains. It is an exclave of the Emirate of Dubai, UAE, to the south-east of its main territory. Its capital town, also named Hatta, includes a reconstructed heritage village by the same name. Hatta is about 115 km (71 mi) east of Dubai City. Because of its altitude, Hatta has a milder climate than the city of Dubai, making Hatta a popular vacation place for Dubai residents. The old village of Hatta includes two prominent military towers from the 18th century and the Juma mosque (built in 1780), the oldest building in Hatta, as well as about 30 loam houses. The reconstructed heritage village displays scenes from everyday life in the past. The traditional water supply (falaj system) has also been repaired. Hatta's status as an exclave of Dubai arose in the late 19th century, when the village of Hajarain or Hijrain in Wadi Hatta was given to Sheikh Rashid I Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai, by Turki bin Said, Sultan of Muscat and Oman.
- Hatta Mountains Dinosaur Dwarf. A 30-metre-long Dinosaur dwarf is situated just by the Hatta Mountains. Enter its stomach through the stairs under its tail, which will lead you to a room where the replicas of the stone age are kept. On the top, a white prancing horse adorns a hill at the farm. Visitors are greeted by a cannon to the farm. Stony driveway, walkways and internal roads have pictures created from various stones and all of different colors.
- 2 Mushrif Park. 08:00-23:00. Mushrif Park is 5.25-km² (1300-acre) desert-like park in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is in the eastern part of the city (near the suburb of Khawaneej), about 16 km (10 mi) from the traditional center of Dubai. The park was created in early 1980 by Dubai Municipality and was hugely expanded and refurbished in 1989. The entrance fee to Mushrif Park is 10 dirhams per car. To use the swimming pool, adults pay 10 dirhams and children pay 5 dirhams.
- Zuba Palace.
- 3 Imagine, Festival Bay, Dubai Festival City, Festival Blvd (on the waterfront of the Mall, reachable from Creek metro station via Abra ride-on Al Jaddaf water transport). Sa-W 8PM 9PM 10PM, Th-F 8PM 9PM 10PM 11PM, smaller shows play every 30&nbps;min from 6PM. Plays two different big water, fire and light shows: Stardancer and A Child's Dream. Have several world records. free of charge.
- 1 Global Village, Exit #37 on Sh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd, ☏ . Annual festival (usually during winter). Countries around the world gather and set up a small village in the outskirts of Dubai. Each country/region has its own pavilion with a unique replica of their famous landmarks. This is usually like a flea market where you can get souvenirs from almost every corner of the earth for a bargained price and experience as if you're in that certain country for at least 10 minutes of your life even if you're 10,000 km away. Raffles for cars and gold bars also happen. You'd see the hieroglyphics of Egypt, temples of Thailand, Forbidden City of Beijing, the Eiffel Tower and many more.
- 2 Dubai Autodrome, On E-311, Dubailand. This is 5-km world-class motorsports circuit hosted many international championships. You can take thrilling driving experience here in some of the world's fastest sports cars.
- Hatta Rock Pools. The Hatta Rock Pools are 20 km from the historic town of Hatta. The pools developed along the riverbeds are made up of cracks in the rocks. It has crystal clear waters and are safe to swim in.
- Hatta House. Visit this famous mud house to understand the architecture and ancient designs. Explore the culture and pre-modernisation mud houses, ancient homes, stone buildings and traditional fort in the heritage village of Hatta.
- 3 [formerly dead link] IMG Worlds of Adventure, City of Arabia, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Rd E311 (near Mall of Arabia, between Falcon City of Wonders and Global Village, 70 dirhams by taxi), ☏ , toll-free: , sales@IMGworlds.com. Su–W 11AM–9PM, Th–Sa 11AM–10PM, Ramadan: Su–W 1PM–10PM, Th–Sa 1PM–11PM. A very large indoor theme park, with 4 universes: Lost Valley, IMG boulverard, Cartoon Network, Marvell. Nice families and adventurers, specially during hot summer months.It have 22 attractions including 3 roller coasters: The Velociraptor (5 inversions), Predator (3 inversions) and Spiderman (turning seats). 245 dirhams/adults, 225 dirhams/child, free below 1.2 m (3.9 ft).
- 4 Dubai Sports City (DSC). A 50-million square feet mixed use development that will be the world’s first integrated purpose-built sports city. The development is being built around five major sports venues and features a series of major sports academy facilities. It contains these sporting complexes:
- DSC Multi-Purpose Stadium. The main sports structure will be a 60,000-seat multi-purpose outdoor stadium. This stadium will be used for athletics, cricket and football.
- Dubai International Stadium. A 25,000-seat cricket stadium, popularly known as Ring of Fire.
- DSC Indoor Arena. A 10,000-seat indoor arena.
- Rugby Park. A 5,000-seat field hockey stadium. The stadium will provide a base to the UAE Hockey Committee and the WorldHockey Academy. The Hockey Stadium is situated at the Dubai Sports City Academy's Campus and provides world-class facilities for international athletes and local enthusiasts. The World Hockey Academy is the first facility of its kind anywhere in the world. Through a partnership between Dubai Sports City and the International Hockey Federation, the WorldHockey Academy will provide coaching at the highest professional level from seasoned hockey coaches, many of whom have represented their countries in the international arena.
- 5 Dubai Safari Park, Al Warqa 5, ☏ . 9AM to 5PM. Dubai Safari Park is a wildlife park, animal sanctuary & education center that is home to more than 2,500 animals from all over the world including Lions, elephants, giraffes, moon bears, and camels. The park is divided into four zones - Explorer Village, African Village, Arabian Desert Safari, and Asian Village. 50 dirham.
- 1 Dubai Outlet Mall, Route E 66 (the road to Al Ain). A very large mall, with many "factory outlets".
- 2 Mall of Arabia. Mall of Arabia is a shopping mall built as part of the City of Arabia in the Dubailand theme park premises in Dubai. The 10-million square-foot mall contains more than 1,000 retail outlets, a rooftop hotel, waterfront dining and entertainment, a theme park, an earth science museum, and a planetarium. It also contains its own monorail system linked with the Dubai Metro along with a 2-story underground parking garage capable of holding 10,400 vehicles.
- 3 Dragon Mart (China Dragon Mall), Al Awir Rd E44, International City (near Interchange no 5 with Sheihk Zayed bin Mahommed Rd), ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Su–W 10AM–10PM, Th-Sa 10AM–midnight, Ramadan: 10AM–midnight daily. A mall dedicated to Chinese products.
- 4 City Centre Mirdif, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Rd E311 crossing Al Rebat St, Mirdif community, toll-free: . Su–W 10AM–10PM, Th–Sa 10AM–midnight. A large mall with more than 500 stores, over 80 restaurants and cafés and plenty of entertainment and recreation sites inside it.
- 5 Dubai Festival City Mall, Dubai Festival City, Festival Blvd (east of Creek, near Business Bay crossing, reachable from Creek metro station via abra ride on Al Jaddaf water transport), ☏ (management), (security/lost), toll-free: , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Su–W 10AM–10PM, Th–Sa 10AM–midnight. Has Dubai's only Ikea, since it relocated from City Centre, and a huge Plug-Ins electronic store. Also an ACE Hardware and an amazing mall that has 550 shops.
- Al Mallah, Al Diyafah Street, Satwa, ☏ . Amazing food. It is popular for casual dining, juices, sandwiches and fast food. A good place to visit along with family and friends.
- Labneh Wa Zaatar, Al Dhiyafa Street, Satwa, ☏ . Specialized in Middle Eastern, Arabian and Lebanese food. This restaurant has eponymous trademark dishes in order to offer something different than surrounding restaurants. Enjoy the crisp savoury breadsticks, thyme-centric herbal mix (zaatar), a quadri-plated appetiser of thick yoghurt cheese (labneh), and fresh salad.
- Sidra, Dune Centre, Satwa, ☏ . Specialized in Arabic, Lebanese and Middle Eastern Foods. This spacious alfresco area is bigger than other restaurants, full of shrubs and bushes with two distinct large indoor spaces - smokers and non-smokers. It is open for post party up to 4am.
- 1 InterContinental Dubai Festival City (from Sheikh Zayed Rd take the Garhoud Bridge and exit to Umm Ramool Rd on to Al Rebat St and exit right to Dubai Festival City), ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon. 498 rooms over 36 floors with views of the Dubai Creek and a 3800-m² event centre. Attached to the Festival Centre shopping mall.
- 2 The Meydan Hotel, Meydan Racecourse, Al Meydan Road, Nad Al Sheba, UAE, ☏ . Stylish hotel with 285 furnished rooms. It is equipped with rooftop pool, fitness center, spas, recreations centers like tennis and target shooting games. Its restaurant is specialized in steaks, Italian and Asian cuisine. Ladies-only units are also available.
- Hotel ibis, 2 A Street, ☏ . Located on Sheikh Zayed Road, next to Ski Dubai & Mall of the Emirates. This mid-range hotel has 204 cozy air-conditioned with bathtubs. Equipped with Italian restaurant, coffee shop and bar. Private indoor parking available.
- Dubai Youth Hostel, 39 Al-Nahda Rd. lat=, ☏ . Clean budget hotel that offers private double rooms with comfortable beds with air conditioning. Equipped with swimming pool and good food restaurant.