Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > West Midlands (region) > West Midlands (county) > Dudley (England)
The Metropolitan Borough of Dudley includes the areas of Brierley Hill, Cradley, Gornal, Halesowen, Kingswinford, Netherton, Pensnett, Quarry Bank, Sedgley and the town of Stourbridge.
- 1 Black Country Living Museum, 2 Tipton Rd (situated between Tipton and Dudley.). a 26 acre mostly outdoor recreation of the local area during the last 100 years. It includes its own internal bus service, coal mine, funfair, canal port, rebuilt houses from the period and more traditional museum displays. You can easily spend a whole day living in the past. Recreation of the area's industrial history with walk down coal mine, funfair, village, houses, school, chapel, pub, chip shop etc. Real buildings rebuilt. Also narrow boat trips into the caverns under Dudley's Castle Hill. £17.50 adults; £8.75 kids.
- 2 Castle. site of the oldest condom found in Britain
- 3 Dudley Zoo. Zoo built in the grounds of Dudley Castle
- Duncan Edwards Statue, Dudley Market Place. Manchester United and England footballer who was killed in the Munich Plane Crash
- Crooked House (About two miles from the town centre off the B4176). A pub which is tilted due to subsidence. Gives optical illusions like a ball rolling uphill.
- 4 Dudley Museum And Art Gallery.
- 1 Castle Gate. Retail and leisure centre
- Plaza Malls
- Harper And Caswell
- Toby Carvery.
- Silk Route Restaurant.
- The Venue.
- Lamp Tavern, 116 High Street. Real Ale pub with Bathams beers (brewed about 2 miles away)Food at Lunch time only
- Court House, New Street. Good selection of real ales.
- Priory, New Street. Traditional Pub. Good pub grub served till early evening.
- Best Western Himley Hotel Dudley, School Road, Himley, Dudley, DY3 4LG, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 2pm (early check-in by arrangement), check-out: 11am (late check-out by arrangement). Best Western hotel with rooms, meeting rooms and a restaurant. Each bedroom includes bath and/or shower, work desk, flat screen freeview TV and complimentary WiFi. Some rooms have been adapted to allow for easier access. £55.00 Mon-Thur & Sat, £45.00 Fri & Sun. Breakfast is available for £7.95..