Dupnitsa is a large town at the foot of the Rila mountain, 65 km south from Sofia and 35 km north from Blagoevgrad. This is a quiet town with a beautiful nature and a great view to the biggest mountain in Bulgaria, Rila. The town is famous as Little Italy, due to the great number of people who have gone to work in many cities there. Another reason for this nickname is the many used car lots which contain primarily Italian cars.
- 1 Railway station.
- 1 Fortress Kulata. Remains of mediaeval fortress Kulata.
- 2 Clock Tower. The Clock Tower built in 1782.
- 3 Park Rila. The Clock Tower built in 1782.
- 4 Art Gallery.
- 5 Medieval mosque.
- 6 City Garden.
- 7 Chitalishte "Zora 1858".
- 8 Monument Yatachkata.
- 1 Hotel Rila, Svoboda sqr. 1, Dupnitsa 2600. 20-50 lev.
- 2 Hotel Universal, ulitsa "Hristo Grancharov", Dupnitsa 2600. 70 lev.
1 Hotel Rila, Svoboda sqr. 1. Club Zanzibar contains a stylish cocktail bar with an African interior which at night time offers the largest nightclub in town.
- 1 Hotel Rila (Хотел Рила), Svoboda sqr. 1, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. In the centre of the city. The hotel has a modern and beautiful rooms with a pleasant view to Rila mountain. The hotel also has a modern and renovated spa centre with saunas, jacuzzi, steam bath and nice pool. US$25-45.