Dwarahat is a city in Uttarakhand.
Dwarahat is well connected to the rest of the country by road. Although there is no direct rail or air link, there are enough private buses and cabs plying between Dwarahat and some of the other major towns and cities. Distance between Dwarahat and some major locations are as given below:
- Dehradun - 484km to Lucknow - 491km
- Haridwar - 407km to Delhi - 424km
- Nainital - 97km to Kathgodam -118km
- Ramnagar - 134km to Badrinath - 237km
- Ranikhet - 38km to Almora - 49km
- The nearest railway station is Kathgodam (90 km.) which runs trains to major towns and cities like Lucknow, Delhi, Howrah etc.
- The nearest airport is Pantnagar Airport (PGH IATA) at Nainital which is only 97 kilometers from Dwarahat and buses or cabs are easily obtained from there.
Though a small town, Dwarahat leaves a lasting effect on its visitors with its picturesque surroundings and religious significance. Some of the places that are a must visit for any visitor when in Dwarahat are:
- Dunagiri Temple. The famous temple of Dunagiri is located 15 kilometers from Dwarahat.
- Pandukholi. Situated at a distance of 27 kilometers from Dwarahat, are the caves of Pandukholi. The Pandavas of Mahabharata are said to have taken shelter here at Dunagiri during their travels.
- Vimandeshwar Temple. This temple is situated 10 kilometers from Dwarahat.
There are quite a few festivals that are celebrated in Dwarahat. Local temples, historical sites, and beautiful areas for treks offer many choices for visitors. Religion, dance, music and agriculture are deep influences for the people of Dwarahat.
1 Dunagiri Retreat (Short walk from Dunagiri Temple.), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The retreat overlooks deep rural valleys and the Himalayas. Accommodations are comprised of two lovingly restored guesthouses located within expansive gardens. Dunagiri offers stylish accommodations and delicious local cuisine.