East Sikkim is a district in Sikkim.
East Sikkim is one of four districts of Sikkim and the area is busy and more populous than any other districts of Sikkim, the capital Gangtok is also situated here. East Sikkim is dominated by Nepali and Indian community. Despite being the populated area, east Sikkim comprised of many monasteries, lakes and hidden picturesque treasures.
- Gangtok — the district and state capital
- Aritar —
- Nathu La —
- Singtam —
- Assam Lingzey to Khedi Trek Route
- Rumtek monastery —
- Changu Lake —
- Jurassic Park, Rakdong Tinten
- Khanchendzonga Cultural and Village Tourism Complex, Ranka
- Khanchendzonga National Park —
- Tumin — village tourism spot
Hotel Saikripa Devlopment
- Hotel Saikripa (Suman Mukherjee), Jeevan Thing Margh (Gangtok), ☎ .
- Jeeps to Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Siliguri can be found from the main jeep stand. After reaching any of these cities in West Bengal, you can catch a train to any other part of the country. Nearest metro city is Kolkata 12 -14 hours from Siliguri. A train to Banaras and Delhi also leave from Siliguri. Please check the Indian railway website for more details.