The eastern part of Gran Canaria is the economically most important part of the island. Traces of the "old Canaries" can be found here, where the oldest settlements of the Spaniards were. The region also has a lot to offer for tourists: water sports, surfing, diving and more.
1 Las Palmas is the capital has international flair, and the 3 km long sandy beach is ideal for relaxing. Additionally, there are museums, parks and churches in Las Palmas. The Columbus House in the district Vegueta is not to be missed.
2 Telde is the second largest city, with an old town center worth seeing.
- 1 Plaza de San Juan. In the center of the old town is the church of San Juan in dark basalt, it is quite simple from the outside. Inside is a 500 year old altar. It is surrounded by stylish old buildings and mighty trees.
- 2 Plaza de San Francisco. Contains an old monastery church San Francisco.
- 3 Museo León y Castillo, Calle León y Castillo 45. Free entrance.
- 4 The Montana de las Cuatro Puertas. A 319 m (1,047 ft) high mountain, place of worship of the Old Canarians, in the direction of Ingenio, next to the GC-100 road.
Location: 3 Ingenio
- 5 Museo de Piedras y Artesiana (The Stone Museum), Camino Real de Gando 1, district of Las Mejias (Just off the GC-100, about 1 km north of the city.). At the same time the center of Canarian folk art. This museum is housed in a beautiful estate and is freely accessible during the day. In the museum is also an embroidery workshop, the women working here are at the same time supervisors. Their products are offered for sale, there are also the usual souvenirs. The stone museum appears a bit crowded and little ordered, some outdoor collectibles could take a little more nourishing attention.
- 6 Plaza de Candelaria. The old center with the same-named church
- 7 Barranco de Guayadeque. The gorge between Ingenio and Agüimes, has many caves used by the Canarians as their home. Part of these cave dwellings is still used today, of course with modern comfort. In some cases, they can also be rented as holiday apartments. Along runs a well-developed road. The are is also popular for hiking, offering wonderful panoramas and some palm groves - but hardly any shade.
4 Agüimes is a small but scenic village.
- 8 Parroquia de San Sebastián. The big church with a distinctive dome on Plaza Rosario is a national cultural monument.
- 9 Museo de Historia de Agüimes, C / Juan Alvarado and Saz, 42, 35260 Agüimes, ☏ . The museum is housed in the former Episcopal Palace
Caldera de Bandma is a former volcano, popular short hike.