Jump to navigation Jump to search
Eastern Siberia is a region in Russia.
|Zabaykalsky Krai |
formerly Chita Oblast and Agin-Buryat Autonomous Okrug
|Irkutsk Oblast |
- 1 Angarsk — Irkutsk Oblast's second largest city, on the Trans-Siberian Railway
- 2 Bratsk — a large city on the Baikal-Amur Mainline
- 3 Chita — center of Zabaykasky Krai and an important site for the exile of the Decembrists
- 4 Irkutsk — the region's largest city and most visited destination
- 5 Kyzyl — the capital of Tuva claims to be the exact center of Asia
- 6 Severobaikalsk — on the northern Buryat shores of Lake Baikal
- 7 Ulan Ude — the capital of Buryatia and a center for Buryat culture
- 1 Lake Baikal. Located between Buryatia and Irkutsk Oblast, is the deepest and oldest lake in the world and also the planet's largest body of freshwater. Lake Baikal is the exclusive home of the freshwater seal.