Jump to navigation Jump to search
Eidsvoll is a town in the Oslo region of Norway. It is also in the heart of every Norwegian patriot for being the site of the signing of the modern Norwegian constitution in 1814, an important step towards full independence from the country's neighbours.
On the main railroad between Oslo and Hamar. 12 minutes by train from Norway's largest airport, Gardermoen.
- 1 Eidsvoll railway station (Eidsvoll Stasjon).
The world's oldest paddle steamer in scheduled traffic (summer only), Skibladner, calls here.
- 1 Eidsvoll 1814 (Eidsvollsbygningen), Carsten Ankers veg 19, 2074 Eidsvoll Verk, ☏ +47 63 92 22 10. The building where the 1814 constitution was signed, and a democracy museum.
- 2 Tingvoll (Eidsivating), Eidsvollbakken (From Eidsvoll station: Walk south up Eidsvollbakken. The site is located outside the churchyard.). The monument marks the location of the medieval Eidsivating, where leading men from southern Norway would hold their annual assembly, to settle disputes and pass laws.
- 3 Gullverket. Historic gold mine area
- 4 Eidsvoll bygdetun, Spetalsveien 60, 2080 Eidsvoll. Collection of buildings from the area, mostly from the 19th century
- 5 Lake Mjøsa (Mjøsa). Norway's largest lake, one of the deepest. Norway's first railway was the Oslo-Eidsvoll-line, simply called the "main line" (1854), station at Vorma river in Eidsvoll from where boats could sail to Lillehammer. Three bridges cross the mouth of Mjøsa at Minnesund, one motorway, one local road and one railway.
- 6 Svanfoss locks & dam (Svanfoss sluser). Allows boats to sail the Vorma river. The dam controls the outflow from Mjøsa lake.
- 1 Best Western LetoHallen Hotel, Koloniveien, Dal (Dal, E6 south of town), ☏ +47 63 95 91 00. Hotel and conference facilities.
- 2 Styri Gård B&B, Nesveien 17, 2080 Eidsvoll, ☏ +47 90 91 00 48, firstname.lastname@example.org. Twin room: 600kr, Single room: 350kr.
|Routes through Eidsvoll|
|Trondheim ← Hamar ←||N S||→ Jessheim (for Gardemoen) → Oslo|