The census of 2010 reported a population of 1,704 inhabitants. It is part of the Municipio of Ensenada.
The town is primarily agricultural, with the major crop being onions. There are several nearby fishing camps at Punta Baja and Isla San Jerónimo.
Mexican Route One goes through El Rosario.
- Tijuana is 360 km (220 mi) north
- San Quintín is 61 km (38 mi) north
- Cataviña is 119 km (74 mi) south
- Santa Rosalía is 571 km (355 mi) south
- La Paz is 1,130 km (700 mi) south
- Cabo San Lucas is 1,254 km (779 mi) south (using Highway 19)
- Bocana Beach is located approximately 8 km (5 miles) west of El Rosario through the Arroyo and over the dunes.
- Misión de El Rosario de Arriba
- Misión de El Rosario de Abajo
- Misión Dominica de Nuestra Señora del Santísimo Rosario de Viñadaco
There are several markets in El Rosario ranging from mini markets and meat markets to traditional markets & liquor stores.
- Guadalupe Island- 36 km (22 mi) long volcanic island situated more than a 160 km (100 mi) southwest of Rosario
- Guerrero Negro- town to the south of El Rosario
|Routes through El Rosario|
|Ensenada ← Camalu ←||N S||→ Jct E → Guerrero Negro|