Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Escanaba is commonly reached by highway. State Highway M-35 is a scenic drive along Lake Michigan to Menominee and the Wisconsin border. Highways US-2 and US-41 share a combined stretch of road that lead North into the communities of Gladstone, Rapid River, and the Hiawatha National Forest.
- Indian Trails bus service serves many stops in Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana. In Escanaba, buses arrive daily at the Delta Area Transit Authority (DATA) terminal.
- 1 Delta County Airport (ESC IATA). has daily Delta Airlines flights and is also the local FedEx air freight terminal.
- Many locations in Escanaba can be reached on foot or bicycle as the city is not very large.
- Citywide and countywide public transportation is provided by the Delta Area Transit Authority (DATA). DATA does not run traditional bus routes, instead operating its fleet of seventeen busses on a dispatcher-coordinated on-demand service.
- There are three taxi options for travelers: Escanaba Taxi co., JN Taxi, and Delta Taxi Service.
- 1 The Downtown business district (Ludington Street). Has several historically preserved buildings that host an array of different small businesses. From bookstores to photo studios, to dentists; this one street maintains its small town commercial centre that also is very scenic.
- 2 Ludington Park. vast and open, allowing for an almost common picturesque view of Lake Michigan.
- 3 UP Steam and Gas Engine Agricultural Museum. Free.
At the end of Ludington Street is the beautiful Ludington Park. Playgrounds are plentiful as poppies and the beach is always welcoming. Be sure to come around the Fourth of July for an excellent lakeside fireworks display.
- Ludington Street. home to a wide array of businesses to suit many needs.
- 1 Delta Plaza Mall, N Lincoln Rd.
- 1 The Stonehouse. An upscale restaurant in the center of the city with a fine selection of food and drinks. No dress code is enforced though it is recommended to wear at least business casual.
- Just Burgers (in front of K-Mart). A well known local fast food joint. Great prices and great food with daily specials.
- 2 Dobber's Pastys (Right next to Just Burgers), toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. one of the most famous Pasty Shops in the Upper Peninsula. If you've never had a Pasty it is highly encouraged to try them at Dobber's.
- 3 Rosy's Diner (On main street, directly where the angle parking begins). A small, short order diner with good prices, unbelievably friendly service, and excellent food.
- 4 Elmer's Restaurant, 200 N Lincoln Road, ☏ . 6AM-9PM. Steak house
- The Infinity Coffee House. They have rad art on the walls, live bands occasionally, free internet, and some of the locals there will jam on the guitars with you. You'll meet quite a few interesting people there.
- The Delft Nightclub. weekends until 3AM. The only nightclub in Escanaba, Good drink prices with a decent selection, guests 18 and older are welcome.
- 1 Econo Lodge Escanaba Hotel, 921 N Lincoln Rd, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through Escanaba|
|Ironwood ← Iron Mountain ←||W E||→ Gladstone → St. Ignace|
|Marquette ← Gladstone ←||N S||→ Menominee → Green Bay|