Eshtehard is one of 6 major cities of Alborz Province and the center of Eshtehard county.
Eshtehrad is in the south-western part of Alborz province. It has a distinct climate which provides it with extraordinary landscapes. The county has two districts: Central and Palang Abad. The people of Eshtehrad speak the Tat language, which is closely related to Karaj language. Eshtehard county has a population close to 25,000.
Most of the sightseeing of Eshtehrad is outside of city and is accessible only with car or taxi.
- Imamzadeh Zeyd o Rahman has three domes. The mausoleum was built in 14th century and is an architectural masterpiece. It is located between Karaj and Eshtehard
- Imamzadeh Suleiman located on Karaj-Eshtehard road close to Kushkabad village.
- Salty cave One of the two most famous caves of Alborz province. It is 350 meters long It has three entrances. The cave has many stunning landscapes
- Salt lake the sole salt lake of Alborz province.
- Salt river or Abhar rood is the only river in the Eshtehard county. It has many Zebra fishes. The river joins eventually with Karaj river
- Rainbow hills (Tappehaie Ranginkaman) provides a colorful stunning landscape.