Estepona is one of the few coastal towns that has succeeded in maintaining its pueblo charm and character, despite the onslaught of tourism. Notwithstanding, all the tourist facilities are here, including hotels, restaurants, leisure and cultural activities, and shops.
The flip side is that the numerous street cafes and tapas bars still serve traditional Spanish delicacies and the steep, cobbled, narrow streets seem more suited to horses than cars. You'll also find unusual shops and bodegas in Estepona, where you'd least expect them, all very inviting, very friendly - and very cheap!
- Estepona marina. Nice place for night life and restaurant
- LA RADA. Very good restaurant for fish and seafood
- MATRYOSKA. Churraria with Russian dishes.
- 1 Hotel Fuerte Estepona, Arroyo Vaquero Playa Ctra, A-7 km 150, ☏ . One of the top hotels in Estepona, Fuerte Estepona is a beachfront four-star hotel. The town centre is just five minutes away although you could happily spend days enjoying the hotel’s luxurious facilities.
- [formerly dead link] DDG Spa Retreat, La Albarrada, Finca Pavusena, Casa Daria s/n, Casares, ☏ . Luxury spa retreat set in 4 hectares of sub tropical gardens and located in Casares, some 10km inland.