The nearest commercial is Denver International Airport, about 55 miles away.
From Denver, take I-70 to CO-74 (Exit 252) and head south.
There is a branch of the RTD bus called Call 'n' Ride, which offers service to most parts of town for 60 cents each way. There are many bike paths connecting parts of town as well.
Evergreen Lake is a popular spot for Denver residents.
Evergreen Lake has boating, Ice Skating (winter time), and trails. There are several open space parks in the area with miles of trails for hiking and mountain bikes.
There are several small areas to shop and get a feel of the foothills culture.
- BeauJo's. A branch of the Idaho Springs pizza restaurant is in Downtown.
- SoHo. A popular Italiamerican restaurant is also located in Downtown.
- Caffe di Lucca. A local hotspot for coffee and sandwiches with a view of Evergreen Lake.
- Lakeshore Cafe. A popular breakfast spot located next to Caffe di Lucca.
- Coal Mine Dragon. A popular Chinese restaurant adjacent to Lakeshore Cafe.
- The Tuscany Tavern. An Italian restaurant located in Bergen Park.
- The Whippletree. A popular bar and Mexican restaurant in Bergen Park.
The SoHo restaurant also has a large bar. Other restaurants that have full bars include BeauJo's, Tuscany Tavern, and the Whippletree.
- Little Bear. The famous Little Bear is a historic bar located in Downtown with live music every night.
- Country Road Cafe, Kittredge. Open for breakfast and lunch. Hearty huge portions, delicious, unusual combinations of delicious food.
- Quality Suites at Evergreen Parkway. An all-suites hotel offering spacious suites, complimentary breakfast, free Internet, a swimming pool, and wedding event facilities.
The mountains surrounding the town offer many things to do, like hiking, biking, or just gazing at the scenery.