By microbus from different regions in Cairo e.g. Ramsis Square and also from different regions in Giza e.g. El-Remaya Square (Shotting Square)and El-Moneeb
- Wadi Rayan Protected Area ( Waterfalls - round hills - Springs area - lakes - bird watching ) -
- Medinet Madi Archaeological Park -
- Karanis -
- Lake Qaroun -
- Temple of Qasr Qaroun -
- Pottery Village of Tounes -
- El Nazla pottery Village -
- Hawara Pyramid ( last Pyramid in Egypt! )
- 1 El Lahun pyramids (14 km southeast of the city, near the modern village of El Lahun). A pyramid associated with Senusret II, who ruled Egypt between 1897 BC and 1878 BC, during the Twelfth Dynasty.
- Seila Pyramid -
- North of Lake Qaroun ( Qasr Sagha temple - Greaco Roman city of Dimeh - Petrified Forest - Cannon Balls Valley ) -
- 2 Qaitbey Mosque. Built by the wife of the eighteenth Sultan Qaitbey in the early 16th century. While not at all as impressive as other structures from the same period, it still showcases the historic importance of Fayum.
- Lahun Barrage -
- Archangle Ghabriel Monastery -
- Hanging Mosque, Fayoum city -
- Waterwheels, Fayoum city
- Local crafts of Fayoum
- Glazed Pottery ( Tounes Village, South west of Lake Qaroun )
- Pottery ( El Nazla village , Ibshaway )
- Carpets ( Desya Village )
- Palm products ( Al A'lam -Ka'aby )
- Patch work ( Khalta village , South west of Lake Qaroun )
- You can find local food of Fayoum in one of the Eco lodges in Tunis village and the restaurants in lake Qaroun!
- Fast food is also served in all the restaurants of Fayoum city,
Hotels in Fayoum varies from 5 star hotel to Eco lodges
- Helnan Auberge Du lac *****
- Panorama Shakshok hotel ****
- Oasis hotel -
- Mandara Eco lodge -
- Zad el Mosafer guest house Tunis village -
- Sobek eco lodge tunis village -
- Palm Shadows tunis village -
- Montazah hotel, Fayoum city -
- 1 Honey Day Hotel, Gamal Abd El-Nasir St, ☎ .
- Queen hotel, Fayoum city -
- Pastrodos Hotel, Fayoum city -
- Zowarah Camp, Wadi Rayan protected area
- Meidum Pyramid — Forgotten in the countryside more than 30 km northeast of Fayum, Meidum, a step pyramid, is one of the earliest pyramids ever built by the ancient Egyptians. The best way to get to this decidedly hard-to-reach site is perhaps to arrange a taxi in Fayum, or to look for the tours out of Cairo that combine a visit to Meidum with other off-the-beaten-path pyramid fields at Dahshur and Saqqara. No matter how you get there, you can be pretty sure that you will almost have all the site to yourself (along with few other lucky ones, at most).
- Whale Valley