Fehmarn is a flat island, sharing its name with Fehmarn Belt, which separates Germany from Denmark.
Fehmarn has a harbour, Puttgarden with very frequent ferries from Rødby in Denmark, operated by Scandlines. Sailings take 45 minutes and there are departures every half hour both day and night. It is connected to mainland Germany by a road bridge.
- Windmühle in Lemkenhafen. Windmill built in 1787 is now a museum.
- Jimmy Hendrix monument, Campingplatz Flügge.
- Fährhafen Puttgarden.
- Hafen Orth.
There are 5 lighthouses on Fehmarn.
- Leuchtturm Flügge.
- Leuchtturm Staberhuk, fax: 11.3109.
- Leuchtturm Westermarkelsdorf.
- Leuchtturm Marienleuchte.
- Leuchtturm Strukkamphuk.