Felton is a town in Santa Cruz County.
From Highway 17, take the Mount Hermon Road exit (exit 3). Follow Mount Hermon Road until it ends at the stop light at Graham Hill Road. Turn Right to get to downtown.
Car, bicycle, motorcycle, walking, or public transit.
- 1 Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park. Located on the south end of Felton on Highway 9. Long scenic trails filled with old growth redwoods, a nature center, and biking trails make this a great park to visit.
- 2 Fall Creek Unit, 1101 Felton Empire Rd. Day use only - sunrise to sunset. This 2,390 acre unit of Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park is located a few miles north of the main park and contains 20 miles of secluded creekside trails that lead deep into the forest. Very peaceful and beautiful. Also contains remains of items from a previous period of time, such as lime kilns and crumbling foundations of workers quarters. Parking is free.
- 3 Roaring Camp Railroads, 5401 Graham Hill Rd. Located right next to Henry Cowell Redwoods. Take a train ride to the beach at Santa Cruz ($28/22 adult/child return, 1 hr/direction) or a steam train on a loop around the redwoods ($26/19 adult/child, 1:15 return). The beach train is standard gauge, diesel hauled, and runs through some lovely scenery on its way to and from Santa Cruz. The forest train is a narrow gauge line that recreates the atmosphere of a historic lumber company railway, with trestles, switchbacks, and several geared steam locomotives. It's an absolute hit with small children as well as overgrown children who never lost their love for steam trains. Schedules vary according to the season, with 1 to 4 departures per day all year around. All-day parking $8.
Mountain Biking is always a lot of fun, and there is a lot of places to do it here.
- 1 Felton Chinese Food, 6112 State Route 9, ☏ . Open 7 days a week, 11AM to 9PM. Authentic Chinese cuisine. Menu includes all your favorite classics, daily specials, take-out, lunch specials, vegetarian entrees, as well as new and unique "local" creations.
- Taqueria Vallerta. Great Taqueria in the area, good prices.
- ChopStix. Small but relaxed Chinese style restaurant. Many good items on their menu, slightly pricey but very well worth it.
- Redwood Pizzeria. Great pizza, made fresh and in many variety right at the location. Price is good, the wait may be quite long but that's because they put quality into what they make.
- Fern River Resort, 5250 Hwy 9, ☏ .
Although there are is a very limited number of hotels, there are many in nearby areas.
- Santa Cruz - Located eight miles south of Felton, Santa Cruz is best known as a countercultural hub, with a fun bohemian feel and youthful vibe, and weekend tourist attractions like the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, a historic mission, and the dubious Mystery Spot. The beaches north and south of Santa Cruz are considered some of the more pristine areas of natural beauty in central California, and while conditions generally make them impractical for swimming, several are considered an expert surfer's cold cold paradise.
|Routes through Felton|
|Los Gatos ← Boulder Creek ←||N S||→ Santa Cruz → Ends at|