Fiumicino is a city in Lazio. This city is on the coast near to Rome, and close to the airport that bears its name.
Fiumicino was originally a fishing village and is still an important fishing center. It is situated on the west coast of Italy, in the province of Rome. The town is home to approximately 60,000 inhabitants.
This region enjoys a Mediterranean climate similar to that of Rome, with occasional sea breezes to keep it cooler in summer. Spring and autumn are the best time to visit as the weather is most pleasant at this time. In the peak of summers, the temperature tends to regularly go over 35°C. Winters are mild.
Lately, it has also become a popular retreat for people from Rome. It is also a popular place for visitors to stay while visiting Rome. If you are flying out from Fiumicino airport it could be a pleasant place to stay your last night, avoiding the hassle of Rome's traffic on the way to catch your flight.
Rome's Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO IATA) is close by and is more normally referred to as Fiumicino Airport. The center of Fiumicino is located only a short drive away from the airport. However, taxis will probably refuse to take you there. They will probably have been queueing for two hours expecting at least a €40 fare to the center of Rome and will not want a €10-€12 fare to Fiumicino. If the first taxi refuses to take you, try another.
Battelli di Roma: A great way to go from Rome to Ostia and at a very reasonable rate. The boat picks up/drops off in Ostia Antica, Fiumicino's neighboring town.
There is no train station in the city center. The nearest train station is at the airport. Alternatively, you can get off at Ostia Antica station on the Roma-Lido suburban railway line. From there it is about a 15min car ride to Fiumicino.
- Fiumicino is on the Western coast of Italy, so it has beautiful beaches on the Mediterranean Sea.
- Leonarda da Vinci Parc shopping area. Any shop you want you can find in this huge shopping area, about 230 shops.
- Malo Moda, Via Trincea Delle Frasche 211. A new shopping outlet located in Fiumicno. Here you can find many different clothing stores ranging from ONYX to Fruit of the Loom.
- Vittoria on the Beach, Via Lungomare della Salute 38. A traditional Italian style restaurant located on the beach of Fiumicino. With its outdoor dining and view of the ocean, Vittoria on the Beach is the perfect setting for families and couples who wish to experience the beauty of Fiumicino.
- Scotland Yard Pub, Via Attilio Corrubia 32. Not only does this pub have a wide selection of beers, their menu is rather vast as well. Plates range from panini to steak dinners, at the Scotland Yard Pub you are sure to find something you like.
- Ristorante Cinese Miao Peng, Viale Delle Meduse 131, ☏ . When you are hungry for Chinese or Sushi.
- Hotel del Mare (Fiumicino Hotel), Via Lungomare della Salute, 111/c Fiumicino (Rome), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Modern and elegant 3 star Fiumicino Hotel, located on the beach, few minutes far from Leonardo da Vinci Airport.It has 19 rooms furnished in modern style and equipped with all comforts such as air conditioning, minibar, satellite tv and private bathroom. Superior Rooms are all equipped with private balcony.
- [dead link] Hotel Mach2, Via Portuense 2465, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aquamarina (Bed & Breakfast), 16 Via Torre Alessandrina, ☏ .
- Hotel Cancelli Rossi, 2443 Via Portuense, ☏ .
- [dead link] Casa del Sole, 48 Via Giorgio Bombonati, ☏ .
- Ostia — Fiumicino's neighboring town; also has wonderful beaches and the nearby archaeological site of Ostia Antica