Fleetwood is surrounded on 3 sides by water--the Irish Sea to the North and West and the River Wyre to the East.
Fleetwood is about 8 miles from Blackpool.
Fleetwood is reached via A585 from Junction 3 of the M55.
Local bus services run from Blackpool and other local towns.
The Blackpool tramway runs between Fleetwood and Blackpool.
The nearest stations are Poulton-le-Fylde and Blackpool North. (Fleetwood itself no longer has a link to the national rail network.)
- 1 The Mount, The Mount Pavilion, The Esplanade, FY7 6EZ, ☎ . Is the highest point in Fleetwood.
- 2 Fleetwood Museum.
- 3 Fleetwood Pier.
- 4 Beach Lighthouse.
- 5 Wyre Light. Was a 12 m (40 feet) screwpile lighthouse located 3.3 miles (3.7 km) from the shore. Currently it has partially collapsed.
- 6 Pharos Lighthouse.
- 1 Fleetwood Market, 36 Adelaide St, FY7 6AB, ☎ .
- 2 Freeport Fleetwood (just off the A585 Amounderness Way), ☎ . A retail outlet village including over 45 outlets, catering and activities.
- 1 The Thomas Drummond (Wetherspoons), London St, FY7 6JE, ☎ . Wetherspoons pub with associated cheap drinks and eats.
- 1 Cala Gran Holiday Park (Cala Gran Caravan Park), Fleetwood Rd, FY7 8JY (8 miles from Blackpool), ☎ . One of the holiday parks of the Haven Holidays chain.
- 2 North Euston Hotel, The Esplanade, FY7 6BN, ☎ .
Fleetwood is in the 01253 dialing code. From outside the UK this becomes +44 1253.
The Blackpool & Fleetwood Tramway offers escape to the south including Cleveleys and Blackpool.
A passenger ferry operates between Fleetwood and Knott End across the mouth of the River Wyre.