Fleetwood is surrounded on 3 sides by water--the Irish Sea to the north and west and the River Wyre to the east.
Fleetwood is about 8 miles (13 km) from Blackpool.
Fleetwood is reached via A585 from Junction 3 of the M55.
Local bus services run from Blackpool and other local towns.
The Blackpool tramway runs between Fleetwood and Blackpool.
The nearest stations are Poulton-le-Fylde and Blackpool North. (Fleetwood no longer has a link to the national rail network.)
- 1 The Mount, The Mount Pavilion, The Esplanade, FY7 6EZ, ☏ . The highest point in Fleetwood.
- 2 Fleetwood Museum.
- 3 Beach Lighthouse.
- 4 Wyre Light. Was a 12-m (40-feet) screwpile lighthouse 3.3 miles (3.7 km) from the shore. It has partially collapsed.
- 5 Pharos Lighthouse.
- 1 Fleetwood Market, 36 Adelaide St, FY7 6AB, ☏ .
- 2 Freeport Fleetwood (just off the A585 Amounderness Way), ☏ . A retail outlet village including over 45 outlets, catering and activities.
- 1 The Thomas Drummond (Wetherspoons), London St, FY7 6JE, ☏ . Wetherspoons pub with cheap drinks and eats.
- 1 Cala Gran Holiday Park (Cala Gran Caravan Park), Fleetwood Rd, FY7 8JY (8 miles from Blackpool), ☏ . One of the holiday parks of the Haven Holidays chain.
- 2 North Euston Hotel, The Esplanade, FY7 6BN, ☏ .
As of July 2021, Fleetwood has 4G from all UK carriers. 5G has reached nearby Blackpool but has not yet extended to Fleetwood.
The Blackpool & Fleetwood Tramway offers escape to the south including Cleveleys and Blackpool.
A passenger ferry operates between Fleetwood and Knott End across the mouth of the River Wyre.