Flen is a town in Södermanland County which 6,200 people call home. Flen municipality, Flens kommun, contains the surrounding countryside, with a total of 16,000 inhabitants.
- By train: Flen is at the main line between Stockholm and Gothenburg, but most trains only call at nearby Katrineholm.
Sörmlandstrafiken[dead link] runs an extensive bus network that covers all settlements.
- 1 Swedish Urban Transport Museum (in Malmköping, north of Flen). Surprisingly enough, though Malmköping is barely a town, it has a museum for urban rail, with trams from most Swedish cities with such.
- 2 Sparreholm Palace (Sparreholms slott). A palace with some unusual museum collections, such as an exhibition of jukeboxes.
- Prinsens araber. A stable which offers horse riding.
- Malmabacken. A slope for downhill skiing.
- Flens Golfklubb. A golf course.
- Blaxsta Vineyard (Blaxsta Vingård). Sweden's first winery, and one of the northernmost in the world.