Forest Lake is a city in Minnesota.
Interstate 35, US-8, and US-61.
The city is located along the Hardwood Creek/Sunrise Prairie Bike Trail, a 30+ mile paved, bike trail stretching from Hugo, MN to North Branch, MN. The trail also passes areas of hardwood forest, deep marsh wetlands where sightings of grouse, deer, wild turkey and waterfowl are common. Additionally, the city has built two bike/pedestrian bridges in the last two years to allow for safer travel.
The Forest Lake Park Board has made a bike map for biking in and around the city  [dead link].
There are plenty of restaurants throughout Forest Lake. The city is home to many popular chains such as Famous Dave's, Applebee's, and all the major fast food chains. In addition to the well known chains, Forest Lake has restaurants and cafes unique to the region.
- 1 Norman Quacks, 843 W Broadway Ave, ☎ . M-Sa 11AM-10PM, Su 11AM-9PM. A family owned and operated discount chophouse. Normans boasts an expansive menu with something for everyone. Meals range from fish-and-chips to buffalo burgers to fajita style baked potato to fresh cob salads. Normans also has a large selection of hard and soft drinks. Normans is a casual eatery.
- 2 Vanelli's by the Lake, 55 S Lake St, ☎ . M-Th 11AM-10PM, F-Sa 11AM-11PM, Su 10AM-9PM (bar hours 11AM-1AM daily). Family owned and operated Italian-American restaurant that has classy dining room seating, a casual bar area, outdoor patio, indoor bocce ball court, and billiards. Located in downtown Forest Lake, close proximity to the lake. $8-20.
- 1 Friar Tucks, 1500 S Lake St, ☎ . Su-W 10AM-midnight, Th-Sa 10AM-1AM. Frair Tuck's offers dozens of drafts and specialty drinks at reasonable prices. The pub offers pool, pull tabs, jukebox music, and darts. Friar Tuck's frequently has live music and various drink and eat specials.
- 1 Hitching Post Motel, 23855 Forest Blvd N (North of Forest Lake on US-61), ☎ . Hitching Post is a budget motel on the north end of Forest Lake. It is located about five minutes from downtown Forest Lake and three minutes from I-35. A scene from the Coen Brothers' film Fargo was shot there. $58+.
- 2 Forest Lake Motel, 7 6th Ave NE (North of downtown Forest Lake on US-61), ☎ . Forest Lake Motel is a budget motel on the north side of the city. The motel is within walking distance of the lake and downtown Forest Lake. $51+.
- 3 AmericInn Motel, 1291 W Broadway Ave, toll-free: . Less than 1/4 mile from I-35 and within walking distance to several restaurants and shopping. $75+.
- 4 Country Inn and Suites, 1954 W Broadway Ave (West of I-35), ☎ . Hotel features an indoor pool, whirlpool, complimentary Continental plus breakfast, and complimentary high speed internet access in all rooms. $75+.
- Pine City, just a half an hour's drive north on I-35, is well worth a look.
|Routes through Forest Lake|
|Duluth ← North Branch ←||N S||→ Columbus → Minneapolis/Saint Paul|
|END ←||W E||→ Chisago City → Rhinelander|
|Ends at ← Wyoming ←||N S||→ White Bear Lake → Saint Paul|