Forlì is a city in Emilia-Romagna.
- 1 IAT (Tourist office), Piazzetta della Misura, 5, ☎ , . M-Sa 8.30-13.00, 15.00-18.30, W 8.30-13.00pm. In August the office will remain closed saturday afternoon and sunday morning.
- 1 Aeroporto di Forlì "Luigi Ridolfi" (FRL IATA). Currently there are no commercial services from/to there.
- 2 Stazione Ferroviaria (Railway station), Piazzale Martiri d'Ungheria. Connections to Faenza-Imola-Bologna or to Cesena-Rimini-Ancona.
- 3 Punto Bus START ROMAGNA (Intercity bus station), Via Spadolini, 21 (near the railway station), ☎ 199 115 577 (non-geographic number). Connection to other locations in Romagna.
- Piazza Saffi. A beautiful square named after the 19th century politician Aurelio Saffi, whose statue is in the middle.
- 1 Abbazia di San Mercuriale (Abbey of San Mercuriale), Piazza Saffi. 7.30-19.00. A 12th-century building in Lombard-Romanesque style. It's campanile (bell tower) used to be one of the tallest in Italy (75m). Its construction began in the 12th century. Currently it is the main religious building in the city.
- 2 Palazzo Municipio (Town Hall).
- 3 Chiesa del Carmine. 12th century church with the Baroque interior.
- 4 Basilica Santuario di San Pellegrino Laziosi. Its current appearance belongs to the period between XVII and XVIII centuries. The external portal is that remains from the older church of Santa Maria dei Servi (XIII century).
- 5 Cattedrale di Santa Croce (Duomo). Initially a primitive Gothic Romanesque church, it was redesigned by Giulio Zambianchi in 1841.
- 6 Musei di San Domenico, Piazza Guido da Montefeltro, 12, ☎ . Tu-F 9.30-19.00, Sa,Su 9.30-20.00. The former Dominican monastery, the complex consists of five buildings: Palazzo Pasquali, the church of San Giacomo Apostolo , Dominican Convent, Convent of the Augustinians and Sala Santa Caterina. It currently hosts Pinacoteca Civica. It is also a venue for temporary exhibitions. €3 for Pinacoteca Civica.
- 7 Oratorio di San Sebastiano. This former oratory was built between 1494 and 1502 by Pace Bombace. It is quite remarkable that the appearance of the dome from outside is reminiscent of the monolith top of the Mausoleum of Theodoric, in Ravenna.
- 8 Palazzo Gaddi. A medieval palace rebuilt in the 18th century. It currently hosts Museo del Risorgimento (museum of Italian unification) and Museo Romagnolo del Teatro (Romagna Theater Museum of Musical Instruments).
Out of the centre
- 9 Rocca di Ravaldino. A medieval fortress also known as Rocca di Caterina Sforza.
- 10 Parco della Resistenzia. Originally created by L. Mirri in 1816 and later renovated several times.
- 11 Santuario di Santa Maria delle Grazie, Via del santuario, 22, ☎ . visits only by an appointment. Built in 1450.
- [dead link]Fiordinano Bed and Breakfast. Bed and breakfast in Meldola (10 km from Forlì) in a recently renovated detached house, situated in a quiet area 1km far from IRST in Meldola and 5 km far from Fratta Terme. Two double bedrooms, kitchen, laundry, TV, wi-fi, bycicles, organic breakfast. Prices from €20.
- Bologna — Forli is well-connected to Bologna via railways. It takes around 40 minutes to reach Bologna from Forli by train.