North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Mississippi > Gulf Coast (Mississippi)
The Mississippi Gulf Coast is the southernmost region of Mississippi along the Gulf of Mexico.
- 1 Bay St Louis - despite taking a hard hit from Hurricane Katrina, the town still has lots of charm and a local art scene.
- 2 Biloxi
- 3 Collins
- 4 D'Iberville
- 5 Gautier
- 6 Gulfport - Mississippi's 2nd largest city is on the coast.
- 7 Hattiesburg - Mississippi's 3rd largest city is inland, home to University of Southern Mississippi
- 8 Ocean Springs
- 9 Picayune
- 10 Stone County (Mississippi)
The Mississippi Gulf Coast was devastated by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. While much of the area along the coast has not yet redeveloped back to pre-disaster levels as of 4 years later, the casinos are back bigger than ever, and there are a variety of hotels, restaurants, and shops open.
U.S. Highway 90 is the main route right by the coast, with Interstate 10 paralleling it several miles inland.
The beach, casinos.
- The casino resorts along the Gulf Coast of Mississippi are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They offer slots, all types of tables, high limits and liberal rules. The resorts also offer buffets, fine dining, boutique shops, entertainment for children and headlining entertainment.