Jump to navigation Jump to search
Foster is in the Gippsland region of Victoria, Australia.
Visitor information Centre
- 1 Prom Country Visitor Information Centre - Foster, Cnr McDonald and Main Streets (C445), toll-free: 1800 630 704. 10AM-4PM.
From Melbourne, use the South Gippsland Freeway (M420) and exit onto the South Gippsland Highway (A420). Continue on the road for about 45 mins, until the A440 exit onto South Gippsland Highway. Continue on the highway until Foster, and turn right onto C445.
- 1 YEPgallery, 39/41 Main St (c445), ☏ +61408871379.
- 2 Foster Dam Viewing Area, 220 Ameys Track. 24/7. A great spot to view foster dam.
- The Rhythm Cafe & Restaurant, 3-5 Bridge St, ☏ +61 3 5682 1612.
- 1 Prom Country Lodge, 3800 South Gippsland Hwy, ☏ +61 3 5682 2022. Motel accommodation with 29 rooms and free WiFi. Hosts are friendly, and the lodge features an in-house restaurant open 7 days a week. Room service can be pre-ordered.
4G coverage is available from both Telstra and Optus in Foster.
- 2 Foster Library, 9 Main St. M Th 10AM-4:30PM, Tu Fr 10AM-5PM, Sa 10AM-1PM. Free WiFi and computer access is available here. 24/7 access via a key fob is available for library members, but given an induction and a $30 deposit is required, obtaining this access is probably more trouble than its worth for most visitors.