Most people in Fountain Valley get around by their own vehicles, but a visitor could just as well see the city by taking an inexpensive bus line, provided by the Orange County Transportation Authority. Bus fees are quite cheap, going for 1.25 USD per ride, or 3 USD for a one-day pass.
- Fountain Bowl - Home to PBA events and late night bowling for fun
- Groundwater Replenishment System tour, 18700 Ward Street, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. First Friday of every month - 10AM. Tour of the world's largest facility to retreat waste water and return it to the underground water basin. Reservations are required. The tour may include climbing stairs, walking and standing for periods of up to 45 minutes and participants must be high school age or older and close toe shoes are required. Free.
- Orange County Sanitation District tour, 10844 Ellis Avenue, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F: 9AM-3PM. Tours of the waste water treatment facility for most of Orange County. Tour groups must of 10 or more except on select days throughout the year (see website for dates). Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance. Ages 10 and up. Free.
Fountain Valley is home to Costco Warehouse, TJ Maxx, Big Lots and Sam's Club. If you want to fill up on gas, Fountain Valley's gas stations have notably low prices on gas.
- Alerto's, 17225 Brookhurst St.. is a Mexican restaurant known not only in the city, but also in the surrounding areas, to have cheap, quality food. This restaurant serves chicken, steak, and fish, as well as vegetarian meals upon request. The restaurant is frequeted by many types of people and is open 24 hours a day.
- Silky Sullivans (Located on Slater Avenue between Brookhurst and Ward, right next to the police station and city hall.). Known by locals as the place to hit up for a drink, this could very well be the most lively part of the whole city.
- Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, 9950 Slater Ave, ☎ , fax: .
- Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, 9930 Slater Ave, ☎ , fax: .
|Routes through Fountain Valley|
|Long Beach ← Westminster ←||N S||→ Costa Mesa → Irvine|