18 miles south of Bowling Green, I-65 Exits 2 or 6. The nearest airport is Nashville International, 40 miles south on I-65 (off of I-40).
- [formerly dead link]James Monroe Bluegrass Music Hall, ☎ . I-65 Exit. Eight veteran stars of the Grand Ole Opry and other top names from bluegrass & country music are among the artists scheduled to appear during the first season at James Monroe's Music Hall and Campground. Indoor musical variety shows every Friday and Saturday night at 7 pm from April through December. Owner James Monroe is the son of Bill Monroe, "The Father of Bluegrass Music."
- Kenny Perry's Country Creek Golf Course, 1075 Kenny Perry Dr, ☎ . I-65 Exit 2. Designed by PGA touring pro Kenny Perry, this par 72 public course is nestled in picturesque countryside. Practice range, pro shop, snack bar.
- Kentucky Downs Race Course, 5629 Nashville Rd, ☎ . I-65 Exit. Open year-round for simulcast racing and dining. America's only turf track; features live thoroughbred racing in September.
- Red River Meeting and Rendezvous About 1.3 miles west of Schochoh +1 270 586-7632. Enjoy living history at the Red River Meeting House; celebrate the commemoration of the "Second Great Awakening" in America in the early 1800s, beginning in Logan Co., KY. Camp in a place of rare beauty and peace. Participate in a variety of camp activities including reenacting the time period of 1800 with period clothing, cooking over open fires, music, games, and traders with wares for sale. There will be church services, history lessons, exhibits, cemetery tours, and various demonstrations. This is a great place and time for children to learn and play. No camp fee; service animals only; no water or electric hookup for modern tents and campers. Firewood and water furnished.
- Franklin Music Festival Jim Roberts Community Park +1 270 586-0288 or +1-866-221-5700.
- Southern Kentucky Region Antique Car Show / Arts & Crafts Fair Courthouse Square Car Show: +1 270 842-9221 or +1 270 586-3334; Crafts: +1 270 586-7609.
- Small Town Christmas Courthouse Square +1 270 586-7609. Activities on the square before and following the Christmas parade: food, fun, entertainment.
- A Quilter's Fabric Garden, 105B West Madison St., ☎ . W-F 10AM-5PM; Sa 10AM-4PM. Fabrics, books, patterns, quilting supplies, classes from beginners to the advanced.
- [dead link]Amish Traditions Fireplace Shoppe, 4981 Nashville Rd, ☎ . M-F 9AM-6PM, Sa 8AM-9:30PM. Woodstoves, hearth accessories, candles, Amish furniture, Amish crafted outdoor furniture including storage buildings, and playhouses.
- [dead link]Blue Moon Antique Market, 116 W. Washington St, ☎ . W-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 1PM-5PM. More than 70 booths and showcases; furniture, quilts & linens, 1950s diner tables, Coca-Cola coolers, kitchen collectibles, vintage jewelry and clothing.
- Bright's Antique World, 281 Steele Rd, ☎ . M-Sa 9AM-8PM, Su 10AM-6PM. 150 booths, 25,000 sq. ft. of antiques; old kitchen furniture, china, & pottery; primitive & antique furniture; depression glass, old & new fenton; used books; vintage & estate jewelry; trade & postal cards, old toys; old hunting & fishing lures, pocket knives & tools.
- Classic Image Antiques, 101 W. Cedar St, ☎ . M-F 9AM-2PM, Sa 9AM-3PM. Furniture and some collectibles.
- Country Cottage Antiques 207A N. Main St. +1 270 392-1323. M-Sa 10AM-5PM. Antiques, collectibles, "old made new" furniture, glassware, amish baked goods and baskets, jams, and jellies.
- Heritage Antique Mall, 111 W. Washington St, ☎ . M-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 1PM-5PM. 130 booths with 90 dealers; early primitive to Victorian furniture; jewelry; collectibles; glassware.
- July Fly, 105 E. Kentucky Ave, ☎ . Tu-F 10AM-5PM, Sa 10AM-2PM. Decorative items, painting, antiques, furniture, lamps, pictures, stained glass, pottery, books, jewelry.
- Moore's Specialty Store, 115 W. Cedar St, ☎ . M-F 8AM-6PM; Sa 8AM-2PM. Fenton glassware, cards, gifts.
- [dead link]Pineapple Lily, 122 N. Main St, ☎ . M-F 9AM-5PM; Sa 9AM-2PM. Pineapple Lily has unique gifts, home decor, bridal and baby registry, and jewelry. They participate in the Downtown Merchants Christmas Open House.
- Pistols and Petticoats, 120 W. Kentucky St, ☎ . M-Sa 9AM-5PM. Children's specialty clothing- from premie through boys 18/20 and girls 16
- Sew Fine Customs, 114 W. Kentucky St, ☎ . M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa 9AM-noon. Quilts and quilting supplies; unique gifts; embroidery, personalized products; promotional products.
- Strictly Country Antique Mall, 5945 Bowling Green Rd, ☎ . M-Sa 10AM-5PM; Su 1PM-5PM. A series of outbuildings on a working farm; antiques from various periods and styles; furniture and accessories; advertising collectibles; kitchen items; primitives; gasoline and auto related items.
- Tanglewood Farms Garden Shop, 106 Barrett Ln, ☎ . M-Sa 9AM-5PM; Su 1PM-5PM during the spring gardening season. Unique garden gifts for all occasions; annuals, perennials, hanging baskets, tropical plants and herbs in season. They have a custom frame shop and a floral department. They also have live trees and wreaths during the Christmas season. Partial handicapped accessible
- 'Tis the Season, 3850 Nashville Rd, ☎ . M-Th 9AM-5PM; F Sa 9AM-6PM; Su 1PM-4PM during Christmas Season. This is a year-round Christmas shop, but will also feature seasonal items as well. 'Tis the Season is a Fed Ex Authorized Shipping Center. Featured events are: Halloween Spook House, Christmas Open House, and Pictures with Santa.
- Violin in the Attic, 608 S. Main St, ☎ . M-Sa 9AM-5PM. Buy, sell, trade violins; lessons and repair; vintage jewelry; glassware, and some furniture.
- Brickyard Cafe Franklin, 205 W. Cedar St, ☎ . Fine Italian and Mediterranean dining. The building in which Brickyard Cafe is located dates back to the early 1900s. Early occupants were the Franklin Carriage Company and Hatter Hardware. The old hardware sign is now in the bar area. In the main dining room, an old horse-drawn buggy is suspended on the original manually operated lift platform, which transported buggies and carriages to the second and third floor workshops for repair. Franklin's rich local history is combined with the ambiance of cafes in the coastal cities along the Adriatic Sea, so sit back, relax and enjoy the Brickyard Cafe, where the past and present come together for excellent food and hometown hospitality.
- Cracker Barrel, 155 Steele Rd, ☎ . Country style cooking; Old Country Store has gifts galore. Rocking chairs on the front porch invite one to "set a spell" and enjoy the lovely flowers that surround the restaurant.
- Dunn's B-B-Q, 410 Jefferson St, ☎ . Smoked b-b-q. Custom catering available. Extra charge for delivery.
- Franklin Steak House, 3898 Nashville Rd, ☎ . Prime ribs; various steaks, b-b-q ribs, teriyaki chicken, catfish, salmon, shrimp.
- Frosty Freeze, 433 S. Main St, ☎ . Franklin's first fast food establishment: opened May 1956; features baby burgers, milk shakes, soft serve ice cream, especially an ice cream cone covered with a chocolate shell called the "Brown Derby"
- Jim's Barbecue, 6111 Nashville Rd, ☎ . Eat in or carryout; plate meals or by the pound barbecue; vegetables, desserts, cornbread available.
- Mama Gentry's Family Restaurant, 709 S. Main St, ☎ . Serving breakfast, lunch buffet. Dinner features "meat and three" as well as steak and sea food. specialties are homemade desserts and homemade yeast rolls. The restaurant has a "Betty Crocker Cookbook" theme including the red and white checked tablecloths! There is also a drive-through.
- New China Restaurant, 414 N. Main St, ☎ . Order from the menu or serve yourself from the buffet.
- Sassy Lassie Cafe, 614 S. Main St, ☎ . Coffee house specializing in gourmet coffees and fresh baked goods. Soy candles available.
- Sol Azteca in the Shops at Lake Springs, 1440 Nashville Rd, ☎ . Authentic Mexican cuisine. Liquor by the drink.
- Sol Azteca Mexican, 613 S. Main St, ☎ , . Authentic Mexican food.
- Sugarfancy Bakery & Deli, 110 S. Main St, ☎ . Special occasion cakes, cookies, candy, and other bakery items.
- T-Rod's Steak House, 200 Commerce St, ☎ . Breakfast special, steaks, buffet on weekend, banquet room Macadoos serves liquor by the drink.
- The Hot Plate, 4138 Bowling Green Rd, ☎ . Daily specials; breakfast served anytime; homemade pies, cakes, and desserts.
- Wildfire BBQ and Grill, 105 State St, ☎ . Hickory Smoked pulled pork (cooked 16 hours); Smoked pork chops; catfish; ribs.
The city of Franklin is referred to as "moist", allowing alcohol sales only by the drink in larger restaurants (seating at least 100). The rest of Simpson County is completely dry.
Bed & Breakfast
- Shaker Tavern B & B, 396 South Union Rd., South Union, KY 42206, ☎ , toll-free: . Located about 12 mi northwest of Franklin at the Simpson/Logan County line on Hwy 73. Built in 1869 as a business venture for the South Union Shakers, housed a hotel for the "people of the world."; 6 guest rooms that share common area on 2nd floor landing; accommodations include full breakfast; optional evening meals by reservation; available for parties and receptions; weekly rates available; owned and operated by Shaker Museum at South Union.
- Bluegrass Music RV Park, 2805 Scottsville Rd (I-65 at Exit 6 KY 100), ☎ . 150 sites with water, electric, and sewer hookups; long level pull thru sites; central water supply; LP gas; bathrooms; kitchen facilities handicapped accessible; playground; outdoor pool; 5 primitive cabins; modern hookup available; good TV reception. Open pickin' sessions in their air-conditioned 'barn.'
Hotels & motels
- Best Western Inn, 162 Anand Dr (I-65 at Exit 2), ☎ , toll-free: . 52 rooms; smoking/non-smoking; continental breakfast, outdoor pool; iron and board; hairdryer; coffee in room; cable TV with HBO; high speed internet; free local calls.
- Budget Inn, 2805 Scottsville Rd (I-65 at Exit 6 KY 100), ☎ . 40 rooms: smoking/non-smoking; truck parking; Handicapped accessible; pets allowed; some rooms have microwave and refrigerator; coffee in the lounge; cable TV with HBO.
- Comfort Inn, 3794 Nashville Rd (I-65 at Exit 2 US 31W), ☎ , toll-free: . 55 rooms; smoking/non-smoking; handicapped rooms; continental breakfast; outdoor pool; coffeemaker; microwave and refrigerator; iron/board; cable TV with HBO; small pets allowed.
- Days Inn, 103 Trotter Ln (I-65 at Exit 6 KY 100), ☎ , toll-free: . 58 rooms; 10 smoking 48 nonsmoking; 3 handicapped/wheel chair rooms, continental breakfast; coffeemaker; cable tv; fax service, free local calls and newspaper; hairdryer; some rooms with microwave and refrigerator; outdoor pool; wireless high speed internet; pets allowed; rv/truck parking; restaurant nearby; credit cards accepted; AARP, AAA, corp., and govt. discounts.
- Econo Lodge, 3894 Nashville Rd (I-65 at Exit 2 US 31W), ☎ . 49 rooms; smoking/non-smoking; handicapped/wheel chair rooms; continental breakfast; outdoor pool; coffeemaker; microwave/refrigerator; cable tv; small pets allowed; free local calls.
- Hampton Inn, 4010 Nashville Rd (I-65 at Exit 2 US 31W), ☎ , toll-free: . 72 rooms; smoking/non-smoking; Handicapped accessible; hot breakfast or on the go breakfast in a bag; meeting room for small group; fitness center; outdoor pool;coffee maker; iron/board; wireless high speed internet connection; complimentary local newspaper.
- Kentucky Motel, 715 N. Main St (Approx. 1 mile north of courthouse square), ☎ . 20 rooms; smoking/nonsmoking; some have microwave and refrigerator; HBO; B-B-Q grills; coffee and juice in office; weekly rates available.
- Super 8, 3811 Nashville Rd (I-65 at Exit 2 US 31W), ☎ . 48 rooms; smoking/non-smoking; some handicapped accessible; continental breakfast; cable TV with HBO and Cinemax pets allowed for fee; hair dryer; iron/board; outdoor pool; coffee maker; microwave/refrigerator; high speed internet connection
- Simpson County Tourism Commission 81 Steele Rd, PO Box 737, Franklin, 42135 +1 270 586-3040 or +1-866-531-2040. At I-65 off Exit 2 (US 31W).
Most telephone numbers in Franklin consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but a second area code (+1 364) was overlaid onto the entire 270 area in February 2014. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated.
|Routes through Franklin|
|Louisville ← Bowling Green ←||N S||→ White House → Nashville|