Jump to navigation Jump to search
The television series Friends featured real-life locations which you can explore on a trip to New York City.
Filming locations and places featured on the show
- 1 The Friends apartment building, 90 Bedford St, West Village. Possibly the most fantastical piece of fiction in the show is that the main characters, who are all in their late 20s and aren't rich, are able to afford living in spacious, fully furnished apartments in a particularly affluent area of Manhattan. The writers tried to solve this issue partially by adding a part in which it is explained that Monica inherited her apartment from her grandmother and that otherwise she could not afford to live there.
- 1 The Moondance Diner, 300 West 22nd St., Chelsea. The diner where Monica worked. The diner was closed and the building was demolished in 2012.
- 2 Solow Building, 9 West 57th Street. The office building where Chandler works, doing... something.
- 4 Central Perk, 3400 Riverside Drive, Burbank, ☏ . As part of the tour at the Warner Bros Studios you can visit the set of the cafe that served as the group's main meeting place throughout the series
- 5 The Friends fountain at the Warner Bros. Ranch Facilities, 3701 W Oak St, Burbank, ☏ . The original fountain scene from the opening of the series was shot at the Warner Bros. Ranch Facilities in California.
- To see a slightly more absurd side of New York City, try the Seinfeld Tour and revel in the nostalgia of Must See TV.