Ganpatipule is in Konkan.
Ganapatipule is a beautiful beach along the Konkan Coast, that attracts peace-seekers, beach lovers, and pilgrims alike. The temple of Swayambhu ("self-originated") Ganesh is much frequented by thousands every year. The God is considered to be the Paschim Dwardevta (Western Sentinel God of India), and those who visit Ganapatipule, make it a point to pay their respects to the deity. Aside from its clean beach and clear waters, Ganapatipule is rich in flora, including mangroves and coconut palms, with many trails to explore, that lead from the beach.
The nearest railway stattion is Ratnagiri on the Konkan Railway line. Ganpatipule is about 18kms from here.
There are private buses as well as MSRTC (ST Bus) going to Ganpatipule. You can also drive to this place by car. It is about 340km from Pune. Take NH4 south from Pune until Umbraj (30km after Satara). From here turn right from the under the flyover in Umbraj towards Patan/Koynanagar. Cross the Western ghats (about 90km) towards Chiplun. From Chiplun take NH17 highway towards Goa. At Nivli Phata, leave the highway and take internal road to Ganpatipule. It takes atleast 7 hours depending on traffic.
Ganpati Temple, on the Ganapatipule beach itself is the primary attraction in Ganapatipule that draws thousands of pilgrims every year to this village. Ganapatipule with a series of pristine beaches apart from the Ganapatipule beach itself makes Ganapatipule an ideal holiday destination for a beach lover. The twin beaches of Aare - Ware and The Malgund beach flanks either sides of the Ganapatipule beach. There are many other attraction apart from the beaches and the Ganapati temple in Ganapatipule.
Malgund at a distance of 2 KMs from Ganapatipule is the birthplace of the famous Marathi poet Keshavsut and houses the memorial of the great poet. The Jaigad fort about 15 KMs from Ganapatipule offer some beautiful sea views and the drive to Jaigad is also a great experience with the sea on one side of the road for most part of the drive. Now in ruins, the bastions of this famous 17th century fort offers spectacular views of the village and the sea. Jaigad fort overlooks the confluence of River Sangameshwar and the Arabian sea.
Prachin Konkan - a life size museum setup is by Mr. Sardesai aided by Government, is an unique approach to show the old culture and customs from konkan area. This set up shows the houses, Costumes, ways of livelihood and lifestyle in ancient konkan.
- , Ril, ☎ . A beach resort which is purely vegetarian
- [dead link]Atharva Lodge Ganpatipule, ☎ . A lodge ideal for large groups near the temple
- Abhishek Beach Resort.
- Atharva Residency. A set of 5 bunglows in Malgund near Ganpatipule
- Maharashtra Tourism Development Corp, Ganapatipule Beach. Check-in: 10.30 AM, check-out: 9.00 AM. Self-contained rooms (84 blocks). Konkani House Deluxe A/C / Non-A/C (12 blocks).
- Shri Swayambhu, Ganpatipule. A MTDC approved Ganapatipule resort - A homestay lodge. Unlike a regular Ganapatipule hotel or Ganaptipule resort Shree swayambhu lodge offers a homely feel at the same time the privacy to enjoy a fun filled vacation in Ganapatipule
- Blue Ocean Resort & Spa by Apodis, S. No. 127, Malgund, Near Ganpatipule, Ratnagiri district, e-mail: email@example.com. A resort by the shores of Ganpatipule, with private garden/beach facing villas and direct access to the beach.