Jump to navigation Jump to search
Garda is a small old town in Verona Province, by Lake Garda.
- 1 IAT Garda (Tourist information), Piazza Donatori di Sangue, 1, ☏ +39 045 6270384, email@example.com.
From Verona take bus 185, from Verona Airport take busses 164 or 165. However expect heavy traffic throughout the summer.
The town is small enough for walking. For the surroundings, a bike can come handy.
- 1 Villa Albertini (Villa Becelli), Lungo Lago Regina Adelaide, 12 (check with IAT Garda for further information). One of the most splendid villas on the lake with a lavish garden.
- 2 Palazzo Fregoso. Said that the subject of the Romeo and Juliet was inspired by writings of Matteo Bandello who was frequented in this palazzo.
- 3 Torre dell’Orologio. A clock tower and a gate.
- 4 Palazzo del Capitani, Piazza Catullo.
- 5 Santa Maria Assunta, Corso Italia, 10. Originally a 10th century church, it was rebuilt in the 18th century.