There seem to be three daily trains from Skopje according to the Macedonian railways website [dead link] (only gives good results in Macedonian, Skopje is СКОПЈЕ and Gevgelija is ГЕВГЕЛИЈА in Cyrillic).
The bus from Skopje to Thessaloniki also stops in Gevgelija. Departure from Skopje at 17:00 and from Thessaloniki at 08:30.
- 1 Vardarski Rid (Вардарски Рид). This archaeological site dates from Early Antiquity. It sits on two hills above the town and the Vardar River. The ruins today are primarily building foundations and short walls.
- Freedom (Слобода). This monument was built in 1969 to commemorate the liberators of Macedonia during World War II. Thus, it predates archaeological excavations of Vardarski Rid which has led to discussion on relocating the monument. Its appearance is perhaps best described as a steel flower.
- 2 Gevgelija Hamam (Гевгелиски амам). A survivor of Gevgelija's Ottoman era, this hamam (Turkish bath) was built in the 19th century. It features one large dome and a smaller one. The hamam fell into rough shape until a full renovation in 2013. It now houses a gallery.
- 3 Church of the Ascension of Christ (Црква „Вознесение Христово“). Built in 1842, this is the oldest church in Gevgelija. The five-naved church sits in the southern end of the city, near the Suva River.
- 4 Church of Saints Cyril and Methodius (Црква „Св. Кирил и Методиј“). In central Gevgelija is this 1896-built church. It is home to nine icons done by noted artist Dimitar Papradiški.
Outside the city limits of Gevgelija, but within Gevgelija Municipality are a few notable churches and some pleasant scenery.
- 5 Church of Saint Demitrius (Црква „Св. Димитриј“ - Конско) (village of Konsko). This church was built in 1858 and features some interesting exterior details.
- 6 Church of Saints Constantine and Elena (Црква „Св. Константин и Елена“) (village of Miravci). This is the main church of Miravci, built in 1860. It has suffered fires twice in history and was subsequently renovated each time. The church is long, three-naved, and features a cupola.
- 7 Church of Saint Pantaleon (Црква „Св. Пантелејмон“) (village of Uma). The village of Uma is on the lower slopes of Mount Kožuf. This church is the main one of the Uma and it was built in the 19th century, mostly of stone. The interior of the church features colourful painting. It also has a free-standing belfry.
- 8 Church of Saint Elijah (Црква „Св. Илија“) (village of Konsko). This church sits within the Smrdliva Voda tourist attraction (listed below). It is situated on a hill in dense greenery.
There are many recreational opportunities at Mount Kožuf including skiing.
- 1 Negorci Baths (Негорски бањи) (village of Negorci). Located in extremely pleasant surroundings just 2 kilometers outside of Gevgelija, amidst European ash woods, which form a natural park. At the foot of Mount Kožuf, it has the lowest elevation among natural baths in the country. Within the spa-resort there are two waters: "Vrela banja" (hot), and "Ladna banja" (cold), or so called "Sukripasina". The waters in the "Vrela banja" have a temperature of 40 °C, and in the "Ladna banja" 38 °C.
- 2 Smrdliva Voda (Смрдлива Вода) (village of Konsko). At an altitude of 712 meters, a tourist site was built 24 km from Gevgelija by mineral waters known for their properties to help aid stomach and kidney ailments. The name of the water "Smrdliva" means smelly as the water has an unpleasant rotten egg smell.
- Smokvijada (Смоквијада). A festival held in Gevgelija since 2007 celebrating figs (smokvi). Gevgelija claims to have the largest production of sweet figs in the country. It is held near the city stadium. Other traditional foods are also celebrated as part of the festival.
- 1 Restaurant Icic, s.Konsko (Smrdliva Voda), ☏ . Traditional Macedonian food, barbecue, mineral water
- 2 Javor Agapi Mrzenci, village of Mrzenci, ☏ . The restaurant offer various types of barbecue (roasted lamb) and Macedonian traditional domestic meals.
Hotel Apollonia +389-34-213222
Hotel Pisina (Flamingo) +389-34-215724 (42euros/2 persons [Apr-2008])
Motel Vardar +389-34-213267
- Migato Apartments, 7 mi Noemvri 119, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Valentina Apartments, s.Negorci, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 [dead link] Hotel Ashikot, Gevgeliski Partizanski Odredi, ☏ , email@example.com.
- 2 Complex "Negorski Banji", village of Negorici, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. The spa complex Negorski Banji offers accommodation in 3 hotels.The three hotels are of different quality and category.
- Bogdanci - the nearby town is known for its wind farms