Jump to navigation Jump to search
Homel Oblast or Homyel’ Voblasc’ is a region in the south-eastern part of Belarus.
- 1 Gomel — this region's hub, Homel preserves several fine monuments in neoclassical style (late 18th-early 19th century) and a number of interesting buildings from later periods
- 2 Čačersk — a historic town with an unusual city hall from the late 18th century and a few old buildings in neoclassical style
- 3 Mazyr — the second largest city in the region, and a rather unremarkable one, although you can find several churches and secular buildings dating back to the 18th century
- 4 Rahačoŭ — nice old houses and a picturesque cemetery with funeral chapels
- 5 Rečyca (Рэчыца) — a couple of churches to see
- 6 Turaŭ — an old town that is home to the remains of a 12th-century cathedral, one of the largest in ancient Rus'
- 1 Krasny Bierah (Belarusian: Красны Бераг; Russian: Красный Берег) — a country estate in art nouveau style
- 2 Pripyatsky National Park — a natural reserve in the region of Polesia, a swampy and woodland area in the southern part of Belarus