The hamlet of Gorst was the birthplace of Gorst Air Transport, a tiny carrier that was the basis upon which United Air Transport was built.
Aviation magnate William Boeing turned the small air service into the legendary company that now bears the United Air Lines name.
Gorst, located at the end of Sinclair Inlet, is a Kitsap crossroads. Hwy 3 leads north to Bremerton and beyond, and south to Belfair. Hwy 16 leads to Port Orchard, Gig Harbor and the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
Gorst is more like a business district strip mall kind of area. If you need a tire fixed or are shopping for a car this is the place.
- Kitsap Transit, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Kitsap Transit offers transit services throughout the area including pickup from all ferry terminals and connects with Mason Transit (Mason County), Pierce Transit (Pierce County), and Jefferson Transit (Jefferson County) offering connections outside of the area. full fare $2 and is part of the regional ORCA network system.
- Elandan Gardens, 3050 Washington 16, Bremerton, WA 98312, ☏ . waterfront gardens with world-class bonsai collection and landscape artistry along with the nursery, gift shop and gallery filled with antiques and treasures from Asia, Europe and North America.
- Toys Topless, 3958 State Hwy 16, ☏ . Gorst is home of the areas only strip club.
- Gorst Gas Mart, 4121 State Highway 16 W, Bremerton, WA 98312, ☏ .
- Jimmy D's Burger & Steak House, 4017 State Hwy 3 W, Bremerton, WA 98312, ☏ .
- Wig Wam Pub, 3548 W Belfair Valley Rd, ☏ .
Try nearby Port Orchard or Bremerton.
|Routes through Gorst|
|Port Gamble ← Bremerton ←||N S||→ Belfair → Shelton|
|END ←||N S||→ Port Orchard → Tacoma|