Goryeong is a county in North Gyeongsang with about 35,000 residents.
In 42 CE, King Lee Jin-ah founded the Great Gaya Kingdom. In 562 CE, Silla merged into Silla in the 23rd year of King Jinheung, organized as Daegaya-gun (大加耶郡)
During the Unified Silla Era, the county was renamed as Goryeong-gun (高靈郡) in the 16th year of King Gyeongdeok in 757 and belonged to Gangju (present-day Jinju). As the Yeonghyeon, there was Yaro-hyeon (now Hapcheon Yaro) and Shin Bok-hyeon (新復縣, the current area of Ugok-myeon).
In 1018, in the 9th year of King Hyeonjong, Goyang-gun was renamed Yeongcheon-hyeon (靈川縣). Subordinate to Gyeongsanbu (now Seongju), Yaro Prefecture moved to Hapcheon-gun 1175 Myeongjong 5-year auditory installation.
In 1413 Taejong 13 years hyeongam installation. In 1895, when the local control was revised in the 32nd year of King Gojong, Goryeong-hyeon was renamed Goryeong-gun (高靈郡). In 1906, 9 rooms of Seongju-gun and 3 rooms of Hyeonpung-gun were absorbed and 26 rooms were opened in the 10th year of King Gojong Gwangmu.
In 1914, the county became nine sides due to the abolition of Myeon.
In 1930, Ssangdong-myeon and Imcheon-myeon were merged to become Ssangnim-myeon and became 8 sides.
Goryeong-myeon was promoted to eup (town) in 1979, and as of 2015, it is composed of 1 eup and 7 myeons (townships). In 2015, Goryeong-eup was renamed Daegaya-eup.
To the west, Mandaesan, which is in the southwest of Misungsan, forms the natural border with Gyeongsangnam-do. In the east, the Nakdong River flows around the slope ('village'), forming the boundary between Dalseong-gun and nature. In the north, Uibongsan and Gayasan are separated from Seongju-gun.
Hoecheon and Sogacheon streams start in the Gayasan Valley, pass through Unsu and Deokgok-myeon, and converge to Dae Gaya-eupbong management. After that, it joins the Anrim Stream (flowing through Ssangnim-myeon via Gayasan, Gyeongsangnam-do) in the southeast of Dae Gaya-eup, and eventually flows into the Nakdong River.
The Gwangju-Daegu Expressway (19.8 km long) divides the county into two sections to the west-east.
Daegu-Gunsan, Goseong-Seonsan, Wicheon-Gimcheon, and Jeokjung-Haepyeong roads have become hubs of transportation throughout the county, centering on Daegaya-eup.
- Gayatgo Village
- Gaesil Village
- Goryeong Master Piece Country Club
- Goryeong Univalley Country Club
- Naesarang Strawberry
- Daegaya Daryewon
- Daegaya History Theme Park
- Daegaya Museum
- Daegaya Living Village
- Daegya Camp
- Minimal Zoo
- Misungsan Recreational Forest
- Byeolnamu Camping Site
- Daegaya Arboretum
- Sanju Village
- Seowoojae Village
- Silla Village
- Sinchon Forest
- Goryeong Yemaeul
- Jangtaebaek Mushroom Village
- Hanfarm Farm
- Hyanggi Garden