Grand Bay (Grand-Baie) is a city in Mauritius.
A shopping and leisure paradise, Grand Bay is also where Mauritians go when they want a fun-filled night out (restaurants, bars and discos).
Express bus from Port Louis's Northern Bus terminal.
Grand Baie is small enough that you can walk anywhere. Walking along the coast is especially pleasant.
- 1 Pereybere. The wonderful Pereybere public beach is popular because of its shopping facilities, restaurants and pubs.
- 2 Labourdonnais Orchards (Château de Labourdonnais), Riviere Du Rempart. Discover a large variety of tropical fruit trees, and colourful and perfumed exotic flowers. Trips on mountain bikes or hiking are possible.
- 1 Seaman Diving Center, La Cuvette Beach, Grand Bay (On the left of the La Cuvette public beach), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Diving and seabed walking activities. Many agents downtown are just reseller for them, going directly is cheaper. They make you hold bread, which attracts flocks of fish.
- 2 La Cuvette (10 minutes walk from the city center). This small public beach is clean, and secure with the coast guard next to it. White sand, lawn with food and juice vendors. Not too many boats, so you can swim great lengths.
- 1 Super U. Self-catering can be a cheap option. Super U is a huge supermarket by Mauritius standards. Fruits, vegetables, packaged food, drinks, and ready-to-take-out hot food such as grilled chicken.
- 2 La Vieille Rouge. Small fish restaurant/bar with an atmosphere.
- 1 Le Canonnier, Royal Road - Pointe Aux Canonniers, ☏ . Set on a private peninsula, occupying an historical site with viewa over the northern islands. The hotel rooms, duplexes and family apartments either border on a series of small inlets or are scattered amongst the shady trees. In the heart of the gardens is an ancient banyan tree where the Wellness Centre is accessed by a flight of steps leading into the branches where the massage cabins are situated. Pirate-themed kid's club in an old lighthouse.
- Hotel La Residence, Grand Bay, Mauritius, ☏ . Affordable rooms starting from 20 eur/night.
- 2 Royal Palm Hotel, Royal Road - Grand Bay, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. A member of "The Leading Hotels of the World"
- 3 Le Mauricia, Royal Road - Grand Bay, ☏ , fax: . A four star resort in the center of grand bay
- Villas Oasis, Grand Bay, ☏ . Self catering villa with private pool, kiosk and garden and 24hours security. 2 mins from the beach.
- Paradise Cove Hotel & Spa, Anse La Raie, Grand Baie, ☏ . A 5 star boutique hotel located at the north end of Grand Bay.