Grand Manan is a beautiful island, made up of several small fishing communities. The population swells significantly in the summer, but one can easily find privacy. While New Brunswick is a bilingual province, the residents of Grand Manan are almost exclusively English speakers.
There is regular car-ferry service from Blacks Harbour, NB. There is no fee for the trip to Grand Manan, however you must pay for your return trip. Prices and an up-to-date schedule can be found here.
- Leighton Spicer - private taxi, Grand Harbour. +1 506 662-3708
- Anchorage Provincial Park (between Grand Harbour and Seal Cove). Offers supervised camping sites on a seasonal basis (May through to the beginning of October), with sanitary and cooking facilities, trail dumping station, etc.
- Grand Manan Museum, 1141 Route 776, Grand Harbour, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. This museum offers the Allen L. Moss Memorial Bird Collection, the McLaughlin Marine Gallery, a display of Island Geology, plus historical artifacts, archives and genealogical records.
- Grand Manan Art Gallery, 21 Cedar Street, Castalia, ☎ . Monday to Saturday from noon to 7:00pm and Sunday from 1-5pm, June 21 to September 26. Exhibits feature local artists and visiting artists with a connection to Grand Manan Island. $2.00. Children under 12 are free.
- The Grand Manan Whale and Seabird Research Station (Gaskin Museum of Marine Life), 24 Route 776, North Head, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 7 days a week from 9AM to 5PM, from early June to early October. Artifacts and exhibits related to right whales. Gift shop.
- 1 Swallow Tail Lighthouse, 50 Lighthouse Road, North Head, e-mail: email@example.com. July and August 10AM – 6PM, other times by chance.. Lighthouse tours. Gift shop.
- Save easy, drug store, dollar store, home hardware have stores on the island.
- Compass Rose Heritage Inn, 65 Route 776 → North Head, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Seafood restaurant. Open on weekends in early June and late September. Open seven nights a week in July-August.
- Marathon Inn, 19 Marathon Lane, North Head, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Licensed dining room (seasonal).
- The Harbour Grille & Gift House, 1140 Route 776, Grand Harbour, ☎ . Takeout and eat-in.
- Hole-in-the-Wall Park & Campground, 42 Old Airport Road, North Head, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Wilderness camping is available from May through November.
- Castalia Marsh Retreat, 11 Bancroft Point Road, Castalia, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 7-acre site. Excellent for bird watching.
- Anchorage Provincial Park, 136 Anchorage Road, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Equipped campground.