North America > United States of America > Southwest (United States of America) > Arizona > South Central Arizona > Green ValleyJump to navigation Jump to search
Green Valley is a small city in South Central Arizona. Along with the neighboring town of Sahuarita, it is known primarily as a retirement community and as the home of a Titan missile silo.
By rental car
- 1 Enterprise Rent-A-Car, 1030 W Duval Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . M-F 8AM-5PM.
- 2 Hertz Car Rental, 1220 S Calle de las Casitas, ☏ , fax: . M-F 8:30AM-4:30PM, Sa 9AM-1PM.
- 1 Titan Missile Museum, 1580 W Duval Mine Rd, Sahuarita (30 minutes south of Tucson), ☏ . daily 8:45AM-5PM. Site south of Tucson preserves a Cold-War-era underground silo housing an unarmed Titan-II ICBM, the only remaining Titan Missile silo in the US. Part of a larger field of such silos, this was one of the places from which nuclear war on the Soviet Union would have been waged. Visitors can take a tour of the underground facilities where USAF crews spent decades living underground waiting for the launch order which never came. $9.50 (adults).
- 2 [dead link] ASARCO Mineral Discovery Center, 1421 W Pima Mine Rd, Sahuarita (Exit 80 off of I-19), ☏ , (tour reservations), fax: , ✉ email@example.com. T-F 9AM-3PM, Sa 9AM-5PM (exhibits); mine tours on Sa only at 9:30AM, 11AM, 12:30PM, 2PM, 3:30PM. The center has exhibits illustrating the history and modern practices of mining, and conducts tours of their active open-pit mine (reservations recommended). There is also a gift shop onsite with arts and crafts using silver and copper, by local and Native American artisans. Mine tour: $8 (adults), $6 (seniors), $5 (children 5-12), free (children under 5); exhibits and theater: free.
- 1 Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment, 1100 W Pima Mine Rd (San Xavier Indian Reservation, just N of Sahuarita), toll-free: . Daily 24 hrs. Operated by the Tohono O'odham Nation, the casino has an onsite hotel, three restaurants, and a bar.
There are many golf clubs and courses in this area.
- 2 Canoa Hills Golf Course, 1401 W Calle Pueblo, ☏ . Daily 6AM-5PM.
- 3 Canoa Ranch Golf Club, 5800 S Camino Del Sol, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4 Desert Hills Golf Club, 2500 S Circulo De Las Lomas, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 5 Haven Golf Course, 110 N Abrego Dr, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6 San Ignacio Golf Club, 4201 S Camino Del Sol, ☏ .
- 7 Torres Blancas Golf Club, 3233 S Abrego Dr, ☏ .
- 1 Pecan Store, 1625 E Sahuarita Rd, Sahuarita, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. M-S 9AM-5PM, Su 10AM-4PM. Operated by the Green Valley Pecan Farm, one of the largest organic pecan farms in the US. This factory store sells natural and candied pecans, as well as cookies and other food items.
- 2 Water Maid, 210 W Continental Rd #176 (Continental Shopping Plaza), ☏ . Sells prickly pear nectar, fruit spread and fruit bars from the Arizona Cactus Ranch located just outside of Green Valley.
- 1 Lavender Restaurant, 77 E Paseo de Golf, ☏ . T-S 11AM-2PM, 5PM-8PM; Su 9:30AM-2PM; M closed. French-American cuisine.
|Routes through Green Valley|
|END ← Tucson ←||N S||→ Tubac → Nogales|