Asia > East Asia > China > South China > Guangdong > Pearl River Delta > Guangzhou > Guangzhou/Panyu and NanshaJump to navigation Jump to search
Panyu (番禺 Pūn yùh in Cantonese, Pānyú in Mandarin) and Nansha (南沙 Nàahm sā in Cantonese, Nánshā in Mandarin) are two districts of Guangzhou in China's Guangdong province, and within the Pearl River Delta.
- By train: Guangzhou South railway station is located in the west part of Panyu. Nansha is served by Qingsheng Railway Station.
- By metro: Lines 2, 3, and 4 run north-south across Panyu, connecting that district to other parts of Guangzhou. Line 4 runs all the way to Nansha. The Guangfo Line connects Panyu to Foshan.
- By bus: from many places.
- By boat: The Nansha Port Passenger Terminal, which has ferry services to Hong Kong, is obviously located in Nansha
- 1 [dead link] Lingnan Impression (岭南印象园) (Metro 4, Higher Education Mega Center South, exit B.). This is a place to see the city's past before the economic boom. The park is a 15-minute walk from the subway station. Free shuttle is available on the weekend. ¥45.
- 2 Lianhua Shan (Lotus Mountain) (莲花山 Lián-huā-shān). Features an impressive quarry from which red sand stones were mined about 2,000 years ago, a pagoda from 1612, and a barrack from 1664. The obligatory statue of Guanyin, the Buddhist Goddess of compassion, at the side of the Buddhist temple is also not to be missed. From Guangzhou, take Metro line 4 and exchange bus at Shiji Station. There are ferry services from Guangzhou at Tianzi Pier (天字码头) (¥20) and Xidi Pier (西堤码头) (¥25). The boat leaves at 08:15 and returns at 15:15. ¥40.
- 3 Baomo Garden (宝墨园) (Panyu District). 08:30-18:00. Rebuilt in the 1990s from a destroyed ancient garden. ¥45.
- 4 Nansha Tianhou Temple (南沙天后宫), 88 Tianhou Road, Nansha District (南沙区天后路88号) (Take a metro train to the Nanshan Passenger Port, the terminus of Line 4. The temple is about 800 metres south of there), ☏ , . 08:30-17:00. Dedicated to the sea goddess Mazu, whose formal title is Tianhou, meaning Queen of Heaven. The temple was originally founded during the Ming Dynasty but destroyed during the Second World War. It was rebuilt in 1995 with funding from a Hong Kong businessman. ¥20.
- 5 [formerly dead link] Panyu Museum (番禺博物馆), 121 Yinping Road (银平路121号) (Take a metro train to Shiqiao Station on Metro Line 3, then cross the Zhoushan Bridge and continue walking until you find the Zhoushan Bridge bus stop. From there, take Panyu Bus Route No. 8), ☏ , . 09ː00-17ː00, closed on Mondays. Free.
- 6 Guangzhou Oriental Museum (广州东方博物馆), Asian Games Culture Village, 118 Fulian Road, Shilou Town (石楼镇浮莲路118号亚运文化村内) (Take bus no. 162 from outside Exit B of Panyu Square Station on Metro Line 3. Alternatively take bus no. 162 or 162B from Exit A of Haibang Station on Metro Line 4. Get off the bus at the Asian Games City Bus Terminal (亚运城总站) and walk to the museum from there), ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 09ː30-12ː00, 13ː30-16ː30. Visitors are required to make an appointment at least one day before visitng the museum. Free.
- Play golf at Nan Sha.
- 1 Chimelong Paradise (长隆欢乐世界). 09:30-18:00 (18:30 weekend). The theme park has many thrill rides and shows. ¥200.
- 2 Chimelong Water Park (长隆水上世界). April to Mid-October 09:30–22:00. This is a western style water park with great water rides. Warning for people over Template:Cm, rides are closed for tall people. ¥140 (fall) - ¥198 (summer).
- 3 Guangzhou CrocoPark (广州鳄鱼公园), Metro Line 2, Huijiang Station. You can see, play, touch, take pictures of crocodiles and even eat and buy stuff made of them!
- 4 Chimelong Safari Park (广州香江野生动物世界 Xiāng-jiāng-yě-shēng-dòng-wù-shì-jiè, Xiangjiang Safari Park) (Metro 3 Hanxi Changlong, exit E). 09:30-18:00. Day safaris and night safaris offered, mini jungle train, free ranging animals. From the Metro station there are scheduled free shuttles to all the Chimelong parks. ¥175.
- 5 Chimelong International Circus (长隆国际大马戏) (Hanxi Changlong, exit E, free shuttle). The closest China gets to Cirque du Soleil. ¥250/adult, ¥125/child or senior.
- 6 Million Sunflower Garden (百万葵园), Panyu, Guangzhou Wanqingsha town. Million Sunflower Garden theme park covers an area of 260,000 square meters, planting one million sunflowers, become the first in the country house, all imported seeds (mainly Japan) ornamental sunflower park.
- Nansha Grand Hotel. Five-star hotel.
- 1 Royal Marina Plaza (科尔海悦酒店) (Metro 3 Panyu Square Exit A), ☏ . Offers air-conditioned rooms all equipped with a private toilet and bath, satellite TV, safe, and refrigerator. Some of its amenities include Pattaya Spa Center, indoor pool, health club, boutique shops, and night club. ¥528.