Tianhe is the new city center and business district of Guangzhou. It is thriving with many new developments, including skyscrapers, stadium, grand shopping malls. It is also home to the oldest urban village Shipai as well as most expat communities. The district serves as a transportation hub for the airport and the train to Hong Kong.
- 1 Tianhe Bus Station (天河客运站), 633 Yanling Road 燕岭路633号. The station serves southern and central China, reaching as far as the Gansu Province. There are also many routes to cities in Guangdong.
- 2 Guangzhou East Railway Station (广州东站, Dong-Zhan). Services routes to Hong Kong and some mainland cities. Metro line 1 ends here.
- 1 Guangdong Museum (广东省博物馆新馆) (Metro 3,5 Zhujiiang New Town, exit B1; APM Opera House, exit C), ☏ . Tu-Su 9AM-5PM. The new museum is located in Zhujiang New Town, not to be confused with the old Guangdong Museum (in Yuexiu District near Metro 1 Peasant Movement Institute Station). This is the biggest museum in the city. It covers Guangzhou's history, culture, science and nature. Arrive early as admission is limited to 5,000 per day. Personal ID is required to obtain free tickets at ticket office.
- 2 Guangzhou Library. Opened in 2013, this building is known for its architecture.
- 3 Guangzhou Opera House. Opened in 2010, this venue was designed by Zaha Hadid and is known for its architecture.
- 4 Shipai Village. The largest urban village in Guangzhou. An "urban village" in China is a village that has been swallowed up by the expanding city, while still retaining its village population and culture.
- 5 South China Botanical Garden (南华植物园), 1190 Tianyuan Road (天源路1190号) (Metro line 6, Botanical Garden Station), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 07ː30-17ː00. ¥20.
- 1 Grandview Mall (Zhengjia Plaza) (正佳广场 Zhèng-jiā-guǎng-chǎng), 228 Tianhe Road, (天河路228号) (Metro 1, 3 Tianhe Sports Center Exit D3), ☏ . This is the largest mall in Guangzhou, in the heart of Tianhe District. It includes famous fashion stores and several department stores, with beautiful musical fountains and fantastic views. Number of shoppers can reach half a million a day on holidays and festivals. This mall includes many Western food chains, such as Starbucks, Dairy Queen, Pizza Hut and McDonald's. Other venues include ice skating rink, amusement park and a five-star cinema.
- 2 Tee Mall (天河城 Tiān-hé-chéng), 208 Tianhe Road (天河路208号) (Metro 1 Tiyu Xilu, right above the station). This is one of the busiest and most popular shopping malls in the heart of the city.
- 3 Zhongtian Shopping Mall (中天购物城 Zhōng-tiān-gòu-wù-chéng), 天河北路 233号中信广场 (Metro 3 Linhexi Exit D, at CITIC Plaza near the East Train Station). This plaza is more than a place to shop and eat. The plaza has great one-stop service to meet your banking, dry cleaning, grooming and transportation ticket needs.
- Baifu Restaurant (百福酒家), 112 Tiyu East Road (体育东路112号百福广场三楼) (3F, Baifu Plaza, Metro 1 Tianhe Sports Center), ☏ .
- Chuan Guo Yan Yi (川国演义), 140-148 Tiyu East Road (体育东路140-148号), ☏ . The restaurant specializes in Sichuan (Szechwan) hot pot. It is busy on Friday and Saturday nights. This high end restaurant is popular among expats and those who like hot and spicy food.
- Cow and Bridge Thai Restaurant (牛桥泰菜), 2/F, Xiang Long Garden, 181 Tianhe North Road (天河北路181号祥龙花园二楼) (Metro 3 Linhexi), ☏ . This famous Thai restaurant offers many varieties of Thai dishes. Ask for the more fiery version of your meal, if you're used to Thai cuisine, as the dishes are somewhat localized.
- 1 Banana Leaf (Tianhe) (蕉叶西餐厅), 28 Tianhe North Road (天河北路28号时代广场2楼) (Metro 3 Linhexi; 2/F, Times Square), ☏ . Banana Leaf is a established traditional Thai restaurant chain.
- Tai Man Guan (泰满贯), 7F Tower North East, Teemall, 208 Tianhe Road (天河路208号天河东北塔7楼) (Metro 3 Tiyu Xilu). The Thai restaurant offers many varieties of Thai dishes with great curry and noodle dishes.
- 13 Factories (十三行), 7 Tianhe North Street (体育西路天河北街七号) (Metro 3 Linhexi exit B), ☏ . 11AM-midnight. Menu has a heavy American Southern influence, with authentic gumbo, jambalaya, po' boys and pulled pork all on offer, but French, Spanish and Italian dishes are also served. It is a favor of both expats and locals.
- Oggi Trattoria, 1 Tiyu East Road (天河区体育东路1号), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11AM-midnight. Come and enjoy their great pizza and pasta with choice Italian wine.
- BOCA Restaurant and Cafe, 75 Tianhe East Road #107(天河东路75号首层107), ☏ . This place serves appetizer, soups, salads, sandwiches, rice delights, pastas and other main courses. Kids' meal is available.
- 1 Hooley's Irish Pub and Restaurant (活利仕西餐厅, 爱尔兰西餐酒吧), Shop 101, 8 Xinsheng Road, Zhujiang New Town (珠江新城兴盛路8号101号铺) (Metro Line 5, Liede Station Exit D), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Su-Th 9AM-2AM, F Sa 9AM-4AM. Hooley's is an Irish themed pub with a focus on live music performances (rock, pop, folk and jazz). Serves Irish, Italian and fusion dishes. Bakes its own bread. Music Friday to Saturday with open mic sessions on Wednesdays and Ladies Night on Thursdays. Hooley's also has a branch in Zhongshan.
- Tavern Sports Bar (Metro APM Guangzhou Opera House), poly 108/ 2 huajiu Road, Zhujiang New Town (珠江新城华就路2号), ☏ . Daily 11:30AM to 2AM. Tavern Bar is an English-style pub serving appetizers, pub-grub and international food. Happy Hour from 4-8PM and all day Monday, Happy Hour pints from ¥20. Range of draught beers and cocktails. Shows live sports on big screen TVs. Pool tables and private rooms are available. Quiz night every Wednesday at 8:30PM.
- Aaishe Youth Hostel (广州爱舍青年旅舍), Tian shou lu, building #6 （天寿路6号）, apt at 10th floor, (A B)(华辉阁10AB）, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. An apartment converted to a hostel, it has 20 beds, free Wi-Fi, a/c and 24-hour hot water. The area is residential and may not be easy to find. It is close to Guangzhou East Railway Station but located on the north side of Tianhe, which is away from tourist attractions. A 10-minute walk to the closest Linhexi metro station. ¥40-60.
- Guangzhou Journey House Youth Hostel (广州征途青年旅舍), Room 27F, building 1, Jiayiyuan Garden, 445 Tianhe North Road (天河北路445号嘉怡苑1栋27F房), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 1PM, check-out: noon. The apartment-converted hostel is more like a dorm for Chinese job-seekers and socializing activities are usually discouraged. The area is residential and may not be easy to find. Close to the Guangzhou East Railway Station but away from tourist attractions. Dorm room ¥50, singles with ¥140.
- Binghua Hotel (冰花酒店), 2 Tianhe North Road (天河北路2号), ☏ . The hotel is locad at the gateway to Tianhe. Hooley's Irish Pub and Restaurant is on the ground floor.
- Bostan Hotel (广东博斯坦宾馆), 76 Tianhe North Road (天河北路76号), ☏ . The hotel has multifunction halls and meeting rooms for business or personal affairs, as well as KTV rooms, a beauty salon, and restaurants that serve Xinjiang Muslim cuisines.
- Huifeng Apartment Guangzhou (广州汇峰国际公寓), 8 Xingsheng Road, Zhujiang New Town, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Each of the 198 serviced apartments has a kitchens and free cable internet access. ¥298.
- Nanyang King's Gate Hotel (南洋长胜酒店), 38 Xinghua Road (兴华路38号) (near Baiyun Mountain in Tianhe District), ☏ . This is a 5-star hotel with 468 guest rooms, overlooking the beautiful Baiyun Mountain. Accommodation includes a bathroom with steam area and massage tub. Hotel facilities include and Western restaurants, lobby bar, conference hall, health club and KTV. ¥458.
- Raystar Hotel (瑞星大酒店), 95 Chepi Road (车陂路95号) (Metro 4 & 5 Chebeinan). 4-star hotel offers free broadband Internet apart from furnished rooms and conference suites.
- 1 Springdale Serviced Residence Guangzhou (广州盛雅服务公寓), Tower B1, No 105 Tiyuxi Road, Tianhe district, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. The residence offers studio, one, two, or three-bedroom apartments that are furnished with a comfortable living and dining area, broadband Internet access, and a kitchen, 24-hour surveillance, children's indoor playroom, babysitting, and gymnasium. Daily rates starts from ¥480.
- Ascott Guangzhou (广州雅诗阁服务公寓), No 73 Tianhe Dong Road, Tianhe district, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The residence offers 208 apartments that comes with a separate living space equipped with modern furnishings, kitchens and broadband internet access. Daily rates starts from ¥700.
- 2 The Westin Guangzhou (天誉威斯汀酒店), 6 Linhe Middle Road (林和中路6号) (Metro 3 Linhexi), ☏ . The luxury chain has 448 rooms and suites. It is next to the U.S. Consulate. It is also a short walk to the East Rail Station.
- 3 China Mayors Plaza (广州市长大厦), 189 Tianhe North Road (天河北路189号), ☏ . ¥600.
- 4 Four Seasons Hotel (四季酒店), 5 Zhujiang West Road (珠江西路5号), ☏ . ¥1600 and up.
- 5 Grand Hyatt Guangzhou, 12 Zhujiang West Road (珠江西路12号) (Metro APM Zhujiang New Town), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The 5-star hotel has 350 rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Pearl River. Amenities include walk-in shower, Wi-Fi and iPod docking station. Hyatt Grand Club lounge offers free continental breakfast and canapés. ¥1200.
- Nanyang Royal Hotel (南洋冠盛酒店), 11 Tianfu Road (天府路11号). 5-star hotel offering 268 Victorian-inspired rooms with contemporary amenities. Leisure and dining facilities are also available.
- Hanfeng International Hotel (汉风国际大酒店), 6 Tianhe North Road (天河北路6号). The hotel offers free broadband Internet with generously furnished rooms and conference suites.
- Donlord International Hotel (鼎龙国际大酒店), 63 Guangzhou Ave North (广州大道北63号), ☏ . The Dragon & Phoenix Restaurant offers top-grade Cantonese and Chaozhou dishes, while Four Seasons Café specializes in French style food.