Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guaratuba is a small town in Coastal Paraná.
- A ferry connects to Matinhos on the north side of the Bay of Guaratuba.
- PR-412 enters town from the south, connecting to BR-376 from Curitiba or BR-101 from Joinville.
- Boguaçu State Park (Parque Estadual do Boguaçu). This 6-hectare park is dedicated to protecting the biodiversity of the Mata Atlântica, the native forest of Brazil's southern coast. The park also contains some excellent examples of pre-historic shell mounds, monuments left by the indigenous peoples of long ago.
- Brejatuba Beach (Praia do Brejatuba). On the south side of the Morro do Cristo. This is the best local beach for swimming and surfing.
- Caieiras Beach (Praia das Caieiras). A kilometer-long beach near the Johnnser Bridge, which is very popular for fishing.
- Central Beach (Praia Central). Between the Hotel Beach and the Morro do Cristo
- Guaratuba Bay (Baía de Guaratuba). Environmentally protected area rich in wildlife.
- Hotel Beach (Praia do Hotel). A crescent-shaped beach between the hotel and the rocks which separate it from Caieiras Beach.
- Igreja Matriz Nossa Senhora do Bom Sucesso. Simple colonial church built in 1768.
- Morro do Brejatuba (Morro do Cristo). On the hill at Brejatuba beach is a statue of Christ the Savior. A staircase of 197 steps leads up to the base the statue, which offers a nice view of the area.
- Festa do Divino. Mid- to late July. A local religious festival with music and parades of followers.
- Restaurante Churrascaria Marambaia, Avenida Vicente Marques, 213, ☏ .
- Restaurante Tia Geni, Avenida 29 de Abril, 297, ☏ .
- Restaurante Pelican, Rua Capitão João Pedro, 160, ☏ .
- Restaurante Calçadão, Rua Capitão João Pedro, 75, ☏ .
- Restaurante San Remo, Caieiras Beach, ☏ .
- Hotel Porto da Lua, Rua Rodrigues Alves, 98 - Brejatuba, ☏ .
- Hotel VillaReal, Av. Atlântica, no number - Praia Caieiras, ☏ .