Gudauta (Abkhaz: Гәдоуҭа) is in Abkhazia.
1 Train station.
- Museum "Abazgia". Consists of four exhibition halls: two of them dedicated to the Georgian-Abkhaz conflict, one - to archeology and the last one - to ethnography.
Out of town
- Natural caves, at the origins of the river Mchishta.
- 1 Abahvatsa fortress, Abahvatsa village. Fortress walls surround an area of about 600 square meters. The height of the walls in some places reaches up to three meters, being 1 m thick. There is a seriously damaged four-storey tower standing on the edge of the cliff. In the northwestern part of the fortress there is a destroyed underpass and a cave. Fortress itself was built not later than XIII century.
Lykhny - is a village 5 km NW from Gudauta. Moreover, it's the biggest village in Abkhazia with the population of 15000 people. It once was a capital of Abkhazia and an official residence of Abkhazian supreme prince from 1808 to 1864.
- 2 Lykhny temple. Consists of a bell tower and a dome temple (X - XI cc.) featuring XIV century frescoes. Inside the church there is a tomb of prince George Chachba-Shervashidze. And it's a still working church.
- 3 Ruins of a palace. Ruins of a X century complex which consists of Abkhazian kings' summer palace and a summer residence of the ruling princes Chachba.
- 4 Glade Lyhnashta. It's a historical field in the center of the village, the place of traditional meetings of the Abkhazian people.