Gudhjem is a city in Bornholm. The name translates directly to 'God's Home' and is famous for its gorgeous sunrises. The many steep hills leading you farther into town, down towards the harbour, are what is the most charming in the town.
Gudhjem is quite dead in the winters but is bustling with tourists in the summer. There are many shops and restaurants and a very large white mill.
- Bus No 7 from Allinge-Sandvig to Rønne stops in Gudhjem. But not always at the harbour, then you have to walk the steep road to the upper bus terminal.
- Bus No 4.
- 1 M/S Thor, ☏ . This small boat connects Gudhjem with Helligdommen/Bornholm Art Museum 80 kr one way, 100 kr return without getting ashore.
- Ertholmene. Ferry between Gudhjem and Christiansø
You are not allowed to ride a bicycle on some of the steepest roads.
- 1 Bornholms Kustmuseum, Otto Bruuns Plads 1, Rø (about 5 km north at the coast). The largest art collection on Bornholm. Includes such artists as Oluf Host (Høst), Karl Isakson and many others. The museum is most famous for its fantastic architecture and amazing location on the seaside. 70 kr.
- 2 Melstedgård. Agriculture museum.
- 3 Oluf Høst Museet, Løkkegade 35 (north of Gudhjem harbour), ☏ . Museum dedicated to the painter Oluf Høst. 75 kr.
- 4 Gudhjem Museum, Stationsvej 1. Museum in the former Gudhjem train station.
- 5 The Medieval Centre of Bornholm. A small rebuilt city from the medieval times. They have stalls, demonstrations, food, performers and special activities for children. Every year a large market is held for a week in mid-July. Enthusiasts from different countries attend and the centre is turned into a large theatre with all kinds scenes from the everyday-life of the medieval. The climax is a huge battle with cannon smoke, bowmen, tournament on horseback and knights in armour.
Right up from Gudhjem is the island's best swimming pool. The water is half-saltwater so as to be able to use less chlorine. There are massive wall to wall and ceiling windows, tropical plants and a waterslide. There is a sauna in both men's and women's changing rooms.
- 1 Spar, Brøddegade 14. The central supermarket in Gudhjem.
- 1 Gudhjem Røgeri, ☏ . The place to enjoy your "Sol Over Gudhjem".
- 2 Cafe Klint, ☏ . Cafe food, lots of seafood.
- 1 Klippen, Grevens Dal 50, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a drink with an amazing view over the sea
- 2 Provianten. M-Sa 09:45-00:00; 3-4 days a week in the winter season.. French organic wines. You can order them all by the glass or by the botlle. They have tapas and a daily meal. 50 kr for a glass of wine.
- 3 Norresan, Nørresand 10. summer. Cozy small cafe right at the water. Serves great cocktail, delicious cakes, beer and wine
- 1 Gudhjem Vandrerhjem (Danhostel), Løkkegade 7, 3760 Gudhjem, ☏ , email@example.com.
- 2 Victoria Glass, Ejnar Mikkelsensvej 16b (the Victoria Glass shop at the harbour), ☏ . Guest house at the harbour. 395 kr.
- Ertholmene (Christiansø) with the ferry from Gudhjem